Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 loose screen repair

• 12-11-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Have my iPhone 6 about 4/5 weeks. Bought from O2. I noticed shortly after getting it that the bottom right of the screen would click, and that it didn't seem to sit right. Then read a few stories online which showed this to be a common issue

I brought it back to O2 who said they could send it through their repair network but could take up to 3 weeks. They recommended I contact Apple. They weren't entertaining giving me a replacement.

I contacted Apple today who are sending a box for me to send the phone back in, and I'm told I should have a phone back within 5-7 working days. The call centre though had no idea where my phone goes to, or even if I'd get my own phone back.

Has anyone been through this process? Is there anything I should look out for? They did offer to do an express repair but that would mean placing a hold of €799 on a credit card!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just make sure you back up your phone and wait for a new one. It'll probably be either brand new or a refurbed one - just not your own.

Have only used the express service, so don't have any experience with times. Knowing Apple you shouldn't be waiting too long. Then you can just restore the new phone from backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The replacement will more than likely be ios 8 so if you updated your 6 to 8.1 you won't be able to restore until you update it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Maybe take a photo of the phone first to prove there was no physical damage done by you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Just to update this, UPS collected my phone last Monday at 3pm, and by 4pm today i had a replacement phone.

Decent service all round i have to say and i got update e-mails along the way from Apple too.

Advertisement