Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just saying Hi

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 faloola

Smbc wrote: »
    Hi ladies
    Just here for some moral support. 4 months ago I discovered that I wasn't ovulating. I'm 40 and we have being trying for about a year. So my doctor set up and appointment a few months ago with a GYN.
    He told me to go away, loose 10kg come back in April and he would decide what to do for me.
    So we have our next appt on Friday and I haven't lost a pound never mind 10kg.

I know his right, and I really don't have a valid excuse as to why I'm the same weight.
    Does anyone have any advise on how to proceed with him..
    We really just want to know everything is okay.. I.e egg count, sperm count and some clomid to kick start the ovolution.
    Can he refuse to treat us?? Can I go to another gyn?
    Does anyone have similar experiences ?
    Thanks

Hi smbc,

Sorry I have no experience about how it will go with Dr, but just wanted to wish you luck.

I need to lose about 10kg to get myself back into healthy BMI range, but just can't get my arse into gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

faloola wrote: »
    I have my fingers crossed for you ShaShaBear. I tested on Sunday and got a bfn, then AF came yesterday, so that's me out for this month.
    I saw your posts on the other thread and it's looking promising!

Still no sign of AF for me, so fingers crossed! It's hateful when you feel like it might be your month and a period comes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 faloola

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Still no sign of AF for me, so fingers crossed! It's hateful when you feel like it might be your month and a period comes :(

It really is, although I wasn't expecting anything this month as I thought our timing was off. It's really hard with DH being away during the week, and my periods are all over the place ranging from 36 to 44 days so never really sure when I'm ovulating.
    I suppose I should start using the ovulation tests as we've had a few months of 'seeing what happens' and nothing has happened lol. I'm just loathe to get too technical as I can get very obsessive about things and I don't want it to just become all about baby-making, if that makes any sense?

Wouldn't mind but with my son, I was on the pill and just messed up a day and we got caught. But that was 10 years ago, and I/we must have been much more fertile back then haha.

Advertisement