Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to install phoneline

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just inquiring as to the costs of installing a new phone line in order to access broadband. Its for a residential property. 
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

card123 wrote: »
    Just inquiring as to the costs of installing a new phone line in order to access broadband. Its for a residential property. 
    Regards
    Hi card123

Thanks for the enquiry. I'm happy to say that there is an ongoing promotion in place at the moment which means there is no charge for having a line installed at a Residential property.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 47 card123

Colm
    Thats good to hear, is that the case even where the line I believe is on opposite side of road and may require opening of the road?
    You might let me also know how I formally start application?
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Colm
    Thats good to hear, is that the case even where the line I believe is on opposite side of road and may require opening of the road?
    You might let me also know how I formally start application?
    Regards
    Hi card123

No that would not make any difference vis-a-vis free connection. You can order this though Sales on 1800 503 303.

thanks
    Colm

So I contacted Sales on the number above and explained situation with it being a new house etc and line being on opposite side of the road and so on. I then got a call saying that a technician would call last Wednesday. So arranged for day off work and waited for technician who arrived later then scheduled. I knew when they arrived after 4pm that something was not right. The technician had no idea it was a new line and said they would have to go away and investigate and I would hear further. Rang Eircom sales yesterday and was told they had no details up on system  and would come back to me within 24 hours. 24 hours has passed and no response. Can you please check this out for  me order number is 7224204P. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So I contacted Sales on the number above and explained situation with it being a new house etc and line being on opposite side of the road and so on. I then got a call saying that a technician would call last Wednesday. So arranged for day off work and waited for technician who arrived later then scheduled. I knew when they arrived after 4pm that something was not right. The technician had no idea it was a new line and said they would have to go away and investigate and I would hear further. Rang Eircom sales yesterday and was told they had no details up on system  and would come back to me within 24 hours. 24 hours has passed and no response. Can you please check this out for  me order number is 7224204P. Thanks
    Hi card123

I have looked in to this and see there is a new appointment set for the 5th of December PM timeframe. There are notes advising that a technician will call you before coming out to arrange a time that suits although there are no technical details available to me advising on what work needs to be done.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks for your prompt reply. 
    This appointment for 5th has yet to be confirmed with me. 
    Is there anyway of ensuring that the Technician is calling to actually carry out the works. I don't want to waste another day's annual leave and be  no nearer to having line connected?

Alan,
    I have not heard anything further on this, can you please check up for me as I need to know in order to make arrangements to be available on 5th 
    Regards

Alan,
    I have not heard anything further on this, can you please check up for me as I need to know in order to make arrangements to be available on 5th 
    Regards
    Hi card123

Operations have confirmed that the appointment is definitely scheduled for between 12am to 5pm on the 5th of December.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Good luck with this. I had the same situation and it took 8 weeks to get connected. This included engineers not turning up for appointments, engineers turning up without us being told they were coming and Eircom generally not knowing what was happening on the contractors end. I was fit to kill someone by the end of it.

bee06 wrote: »

Good luck with this. I had the same situation and it took 8 weeks to get connected. This included engineers not turning up for appointments, engineers turning up without us being told they were coming and Eircom generally not knowing what was happening on the contractors end. I was fit to kill someone by the end of it.
    I'm sorry to hear this bee06

If any of these issues remain please PM me your eircom account number and I will be happy to help

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Alan,
    Eircom have still not contacted me regarding any appointment tomorrow. 
    Surely they have to give reasonable notice. 
    I have however arranged anothers days annual leave
    can you please investigate for me and ensure that a Technican is calling tomorrow to install a phoneline, I assume that they carried out all necessary investigations on the last occasion. 
    Regards

Alan,
    Eircom have still not contacted me regarding any appointment tomorrow. 
    Surely they have to give reasonable notice. 
    I have however arranged anothers days annual leave
    can you please investigate for me and ensure that a Technican is calling tomorrow to install a phoneline, I assume that they carried out all necessary investigations on the last occasion. 
    Regards
    Hi card123

I've asked engineers to get in touch with you although the appointment is definitely still scheduled for tomorrow after 12

Thanks
    Al

Alan,
    No sign of any technician here and its getting dark here so hardly expect them to call at this stage
    A call to say they're weren't' calling was surely the least to expect after giving up another day to wait for them!

Alan,
    No sign of any technician here and its getting dark here so hardly expect them to call at this stage
    A call to say they're weren't' calling was surely the least to expect after giving up another day to wait for them!
    Hi card123

I see that nobody turned up and I'm very sorry about this. I have requested more information and clarification on this - as soon as I have any further information I'll be straight back to you here.

Apologies once again
    Al

any update on this or indeed explanation?

I decided to contact Eircom myself directly on their sales line in relation to this as I was still waiting on explanation. Told they couldn't give me one and that they could not contact the technical side but that they could see a further appointment was scheduled for 17th Dec next!! Could not tell me what this appointment was for. 

It is the most incredibly frustrating system and I would suggest that advantage is being taken on the fact that people have no other alternative option ( or if I am mistaken please tell me)

I am now waiting a call from Technical to confirm the appointment of the 17th, is there anyway I can get a reassurance that the appointment on the 17th is to install a phoneline?

I suppose to at this stage I can give up on getting an explanation or genuine apology from whomever left me waiting last Friday without even a phonecall. (not the mind the day before that when someone turned up at 4.45pm and went away again) 

The helpful lady on Eircom line suggested that I get someone else to sit in my house all day to wait on technician to call rather than take a 3rd days annual leave. Asked her if she knew many people who would be willing to give up a day in such circumstances??

Would you be able to give me an update on this order ( 7224204P) have had 3 schedule Techinicans appointments ( they only turned up for two) nothing appears to have been done and I have no idea when to expect the connection and have have no contact from Eircom in over 3 weeks./ 
    Thanks

Would you be able to give me an update on this order ( 7224204P) have had 3 schedule Techinicans appointments ( they only turned up for two) nothing appears to have been done and I have no idea when to expect the connection and have have no contact from Eircom in over 3 weeks./ 
    Thanks
    Hi card123

I'm very sorry about this, I have no further update to hand however I have requested more information and I'll let you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Don't suppose there's any update on this?

Don't suppose there's any update on this?
    Not yet unfortunately card123

I can assure you that I'll continue to actively chase this up until i do though. As soon as I have more information I'll be in touch.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

No contact whatsoever from Eircom on this. How do I go about expediting/raising a complaint on this issue? 

Anything?

Anything?
    Hi Card123

I have yet to have a further update on this for you. I am genuinely sorry about the delays but I will continue to chase this up.

Al

have just tried ringing eircom sales to get update on this, most frustrating phone call, call ended from eircom end just as they were about it to give me address to lodge  complaint to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am at the end of my tether here with the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and at a complete disadvantage that I cannot access broadband at current address

Put simply "what can I do to get this matter escalated and get line connected"

have just tried ringing eircom sales to get update on this, most frustrating phone call, call ended from eircom end just as they were about it to give me address to lodge  complaint to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am at the end of my tether here with the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and at a complete disadvantage that I cannot access broadband at current address

Put simply "what can I do to get this matter escalated and get line connected"
    Hi card123

I have request that you receive an email as per our conversation, I am sorry I could not offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, thanks for taking time to call and let me know situation yesterday. I was a bit taken aback and totally forgot reason behind why we couldn't get a phoneline could you explain it to me again here ( other half wants to know) also is there someway to register to that I am notified if situation changes
    thanks

Alan,
    My request in my post of 08.56 remains however I'm just after getting call from Eircom saying that tests were still ongoing as to whether or not I could get a phone line and broadband and they they would update me by mid February??????? I explained nature of our call yesterday but they had no note of it?

Alan,
    My request in my post of 08.56 remains however I'm just after getting call from Eircom saying that tests were still ongoing as to whether or not I could get a phone line and broadband and they they would update me by mid February??????? I explained nature of our call yesterday but they had no note of it?
    Hi card123

While there are notes on this at an operational level I can confirm that I have again asked them to investigate the possibility of arranging a normal line rather than satellite. I'm sorry for the confusion caused however and as soon as I have further clarification I'll update you.

Thanks
    AL

Any update on this? Surely there must be something by now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Any update on this? Surely there must be something by now?
    Hi card123, I am afraid removing a customer from a satellite line to standard line does take a little longer. I have pushed this for you, using Alan's notes and have asked for best possible forecast.
    I realise this is quite a delay and frustration, but this is not a normal provide. I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony

Advertisement