Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Restaurants in Blackrock area

Options
  • 12-11-2014 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys,

I'm new to Dublin and just moved into a house in Blackrock. I love Indian food, and I came across a restaurant in Blackrock called "Akash", but it seems to be empty all the time so I'm a bit hesitant to go in. Has anyone tried the food there recently? Because I've only seen posts from a couple of years ago over here. What do you think about it or any recommendations for other Indian restaurants in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hey OP, this is better suited in the Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It was recently closed down for food safety breaches, so I wouldnt be too keen to be honest. Chi next door is an Asian restaurant and is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Rasam in Glasthule is often said to be one of the best in Ireland, not too far from Blackrock so probably worth the trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sunny_melon

keano_afc wrote: »
    It was recently closed down for food safety breaches, so I wouldnt be too keen to be honest. Chi next door is an Asian restaurant and is very good.

Thanks @keano_afc
    Any idea how long ago it was shut down? From my conversations with a few people around Blackrock, no one seemed to be aware much about the restaurant at all or that it was shut down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Rasam in Glasthule is often said to be one of the best in Ireland, not too far from Blackrock so probably worth the trip?

Rasam is superb, and relaxed at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sunny_melon

Ok, maybe I should wait until I hear from somebody who tried Akash recently, before I try it.
    mhge wrote: »
    Rasam is superb, and relaxed at the same time.

About the Rasam restaurant, @mhge have you tried it? Can you give me some more information about it? Any recommendation for food? How is the pricing? And is it difficult to get a table? Sorry for all the questions at once :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thanks @keano_afc
    Any idea how long ago it was shut down? From my conversations with a few people around Blackrock, no one seemed to be aware much about the restaurant at all or that it was shut down!

Was closed for about 2 weeks. I'm working in Blackrock 14 years and I dont know anyone thats ever eaten in it. Any time I walk by it always seems to be empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

keano_afc wrote: »
    Was closed for about 2 weeks. I'm working in Blackrock 14 years and I dont know anyone thats ever eaten in it. Any time I walk by it always seems to be empty.

I've gotten food delivered from Akash a couple of times. It was fine, not too good but not terrible. I didn't get food poisoning.

That said, when I saw the report that it had been closed down a couple of months ago I decided that I wouldn't be eating there again.
    I wouldn't really be happy eating anywhere that has been forced to close as it is seen as a real "nuclear option" by the food safety people and something that usually results from the type of endemic, systematic problems that probably won't ever be solved enough for me feel happy eating there.

Advertisement