Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Customer service

Options
  • 12-11-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Set up direct debit for my account (have printed confirmation) for months have been getting bills with late payment fees attached , despite numerous calls and emails nobody is interested in getting it sorted , calls emails have been logged. Broadband is working well but customer service is the worst I have seen just being transferred to different departments. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

pjpdoc wrote: »
    Set up direct debit for my account (have printed confirmation) for months have been getting bills with late payment fees attached , despite numerous calls and emails nobody is interested in getting it sorted , calls emails have been logged. Broadband is working well but customer service is the worst I have seen just being transferred to different departments. 
    Hi pjpdoc

I am very sorry to hear to this. It does not sound like good Customer Service.

Can you send me a PM with the Account no and I will look further into this. Although an invalid payment fee of €15 is charged if a Direct Debit failed (for instance insufficient funds or instruction was cancelled without notifying Eircom) from what what you have said this certainly does not seem to be the case here. Please PM me the Account no. and I will follow up with the Direct Debit section.

thanks
    Colm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi pjpdoc

Can you send me a PM with the Account no and I will look further into this. Although an invalid payment fee of €15 is charged if a Direct Debit failed (for instance insufficient funds or instruction was cancelled without notifying Eircom) from what what you have said this certainly does not seem to be the case here. Please PM me the Account no. and I will follow up with the Direct Debit section.

thanks
    Colm
    15 euros is an outrageous amount to charge a customer in this instance.  Do eircom inform customers when they are setting up a dd they are liable for this charge and in what circumstances Eircom consider that they are entitled to charge it?  The dd system represents a huge convenience for companies and yet they just seem to see it as a cash cow as regards handy charges to inflict on customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pjpdoc

Hi pjpdoc

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Colm ,

I have received no response from anyone in Eircom since last week , same old story !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi pjpdoc

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Colm ,

I have received no response from anyone in Eircom since last week , same old story !
    Apologies pjpdoc

Colm has not been available recently,

Please PM me your details and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

The one thing Eircom are definetly consistant with is poor customer service. Gold star in my book. Had same issue as above and went on for months. 15 euro charge everytime and rang customer service numerous times. Even though my DD was set up correctly and Eircom confirmed this was still charged penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

crusher000 wrote: »
    The one thing Eircom are definetly consistant with is poor customer service. Gold star in my book. Had same issue as above and went on for months. 15 euro charge everytime and rang customer service numerous times. Even though my DD was set up correctly and Eircom confirmed this was still charged penalty.
    Very sorry to hear this crusher000

Feel free to PM me the details if you are still experiencing issues.

Al

Advertisement