Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leap Card - can I have two types of top-ups on one card at the same time

• 12-11-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I have a leap card which I use for single journeys, where you scan it on the bus drivers machine, but is it possible to top it up with a 5 day rambler ticket also, at the same time and have the option of using either... scan at drivers machine if I want just a single journey, or scan at machine at the wall if I want to use it as a day ticket (or do I need to buy another ticket) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes you can use it in epurse pay-as-you-go mode, and at the same time have up to five different products (e.g. Dublin Bus rambler tickets) on it.

There's a full guide to LEAP functionality here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057300937

You can use the option that best suits you.

Remember also, that since November 2, if you take a second or additional trips on Dublin Bus within 90 minutes of starting the first trip, then €1 will be automatically deducted from the 2nd and subsequent fares. This may make using pay-as-you-go more attractive than using a day from a rambler ticket, depending upon the fares involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Thanks lxflyer, that's great.
    I didn't even know you could pay for a companion on it too. A lot of useful info there, thanks! :)
    The €1 deduction is good to know too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

kitcatz wrote: »
    Thanks lxflyer, that's great.
    I didn't even know you could pay for a companion on it too. A lot of useful info there, thanks! :)
    The €1 deduction is good to know too.

Once again,my belief that the Leapcard Programme has been totally mismanaged from Day 1,is reinforced.

Not a day passes without meeting people who remain totally in the dark as to their Leapcards abilities and limits.....The NTA really do need to review their Customer Information experience...one immediate action would be to open the long promised Walk-In facitity in Dublin City Centre....I suggest it is now URGENTLY required. :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Once again,my belief that the Leapcard Programme has been totally mismanaged from Day 1,is reinforced.

Not a day passes without meeting people who remain totally in the dark as to their Leapcards abilities and limits.....The NTA really do need to review their Customer Information experience...one immediate action would be to open the long promised Walk-In facitity in Dublin City Centre....I suggest it is now URGENTLY required. :(

I think the main problem was that it was rolled out in dribs and drabs. I still have a rambler with a few days on it, to expire at the end of December, because when I bought it, you couldn't put a rambler on the leap card. You can do that now, of course, but the fact that in the early days you were very limited in what it paid to use the rambler for has been confusing for a lot of people.

Advertisement