Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nct, car declared off road

• 12-11-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Declared me car off the road last month,i wont be taxing it till again till maybe may/june next year when the weathers better.the nct is due 1st of febuary 2015,i want to book it early as i've heard the test centres are extremly busy at the start of the year,according to the enviroment,community and local government website i can drive to and from nct for test and also for repair after test,is this still the case? or have the rules changed again with the penalty points offence for no nct coming in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Yeah you can drive it to the centre. You can still drive it to a mechanic to repair any issues raised through the NCT too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

how does that work insurance wise? same situation here but prob wont get insured if no nct? basically no way to legally drive to the nct center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

celica00 wrote: »
    how does that work insurance wise? same situation here but prob wont get insured if no nct? basically no way to legally drive to the nct center?

indeed that is a problem. My company (Axa) insists the car is NCTd. However assuming you can get insurance, you can drive a SORD car to the NCT...it's the only exception

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭ljpg

celica00 wrote: »

ye it depends on the company your insuring with,i know that liberty/axa wont quote if your nct is out more than 3 months,the company i went with this year didnt give a hoot if it was nct'd or not,good job cos it had expired in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I just renewed with Axa and it stated on the renewal notice that the NCT must be current at all times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

corktina wrote: »
    I just renewed with Axa and it stated on the renewal notice that the NCT must be current at all times
    That's strange because their policy booklet does not state any such obligation except in one very specific circumstance i.e. loss or damage to a car you borrowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

corktina wrote: »

Ditto with Fbd. Didn't bother to read the policy document but I was told this by the broker..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

ljpg wrote: »
    ye it depends on the company your insuring with,i know that liberty/axa wont quote if your nct is out more than 3 months,the company i went with this year didnt give a hoot if it was nct'd or not,good job cos it had expired in 2012.

Im with Axa and had no issue with other companies before if it came to that.

Not happy with them anyway so that might sorts the problem so.
    Thought all companies require the NCT before getting insured :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

No, many simply stipulate that the car must be roadworthy.....but they don't elaborate any further ;).

Advertisement