Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO-OP?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Worried!! Supposed to be going on co-op in Jan,nothing sorted yet,now worried that a place will not be sorted for me ........and my accommodation term is up at Christmas.How 'late' in this term is co-op usually sorted out? Need to fix up accommodation asap in Limerick or elsewhere (depending on where co-op placement is)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There's still the rest of November, December and in some cases, people have been known to get CoOp in January. I'd make meetings with the your CoOp person and pester them. I'd also be emailing every company you want to work for, explaining your situation and attaching your CV. You might have more luck finding a place that's already hiring so have a look around. You're not too late yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wouldn't panic too much yet. We had a crap-tonne of interviews in the last few weeks of November and December.

I didn't get a placement until literally the day in January where you've to go select modules if you don't have a placement.

A number of people in my course were offered placements in February and even March.

The uncertainty really does suck in terms of accommodation though. But unfortunately there's not really any way around it bar sorting out your own placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Definitely keep pestering your Co-op Officer or whoever is in charge of your placement. I know a few people who seem to have just fallen through the cracks in their system and their CV's were only sent to 1 or 2 companies and after that they were forgotten about until they investigated it.

Just keep at it go solo job hunting too to increase your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

is there any way you can get out of an interview if you have no interest whatsoever in working for said company ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

is there any way you can get out of an interview if you have no interest whatsoever in working for said company ??
    No but you can mess it up, though that may not be the best idea either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

sup_dude wrote: »
    No but you can mess it up, though that may not be the best idea either.
    I've other interviews coming up that I'd rather so I'm not overly worried.
    I was thinking throwing it would be the best thing

Advertisement