Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies

Options
  • 12-11-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Just me or has navan become overrun with junkies, came out of the shopping centre on tuesday to a lad who could hardly stand up chewing the face of himself then passed an ambulance today at the playground at the bridge carting a junkie off at 2 pm ....apparently a video is on the go around of a lad juicing up in broad daylight & now navans new park has been vandalised.......garda on foot seem to be non existent in the town ....is it time for a vigilante group to patrol the streets ?? (not promoting the idea just hard to see the situation changing)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Vego wrote: »
    Just me or has navan become overrun with junkies, came out of the shopping centre on tuesday to a lad who could hardly stand up chewing the face of himself then passed an ambulance today at the playground at the bridge carting a junkie off at 2 pm ....apparently a video is on the go around of a lad juicing up in broad daylight & now navans new park has been vandalised.......garda on foot seem to be non existent in the town ....is it time for a vigilante group to patrol the streets ?? (not promoting the idea just hard to see the situation changing)

Unfortunately this sort of stuff is becoming more common, and more accepted. No Garda presence not helping matters. Saw the article about the park in Navan being vandalised, such a shame. New equipment currently being installed and it's vandalised? WTF is wrong with the sort of people who do stuff like that?

I honestly think that respect for people and property is not being drilled into kids from the start. Both parents and schools are failing at this, and what you are seeing in Navan is the result, along with zero enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

It all starts educating kids at school, about respect for themselves and others, and i was told recently, and unfortunately by more than one person, that the Graveyard is often used by junkies, i have been told by parents that Andy Brennan park is often a no-go area,it seems anti social behaviour is winning out in Navan, despite what various local politicians say, although its hard to understand their muffled tones because of their heads in the sand!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sorry about that. The Liffey burst its banks after the recent heavy rainfall and washed a load of the little scamps northwards.

Simply take a black marker and write 'The Boardwalk, Dublin City Centre' on their forehead, and pop them in the post. No stamp necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Second troll magnet thread ive closed in as many minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement