Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studying for the leaving cert

• 12-11-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Don't post much here em I was just wondering if I could get opinions on my two options for studying. Should I
    Spread the 7 subjects over the coming weeks/months and do 2/3 different subjects a night?
    Or
    Should I cover one subject a week and try to learn as much of the subject within that week and repeat after the 7 weeks have gone by

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IncognitoX

Definitely mix it up.

It makes no sense spending one week studying a subject and not coming back to it for six or seven weeks, especially as you will be doing it every day in school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

i'd agree with above poster
    plus if you're just studying, lets say irish ALL WEEK then you'd be very bored I'd imagine. If you know you're going to be bored, you might be less likely to study....? well I know I probably would.

2/3 subjects a night will depend on the person you are. I prefer to stick to something for a solid two hours or whatever and know I've completed something for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IncognitoX

Or perhaps a less extreme version of your idea - focus on one subject per night, and you'll have one night for each subject in a week. Perhaps leaving whatever subjects you are having difficulty with until the weekend so you'll be able to dedicate more time to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

Thanks everyone for the advice, appreciated greatly!

Advertisement