Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is santy coming to you ?

• 12-11-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

plenty people i know are already gearing up for the feastive season.

twice this week i have been asked , by other adults , if santa is coming to me ..... this drives me mad .... im a grown woman , why would one adult ask another adult , with no children present if santa is coming ?

maybe its the fact im not a huge fan of christmas anyway , and in my opinion , its far too early to be thinking about it . The thought of grown men and women asking me if santa is coming ect . fills me with dread ... am i the only one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

No, he's coming in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

No, he's coming in me.

The ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dayum wrote: »
    The ****

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

It's embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

He is indeed. In late December. He can f**k right off till then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Only if i do all my homework and tidy my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

twice this week i have been asked , by other adults , if santa is coming to me ..... this drives me mad .... im a grown woman , why would one adult ask another adult , with no children present if santa is coming ?

maybe its the fact im not a huge fan of christmas anyway , and in my opinion , its far too early to be thinking about it . The thought of grown men and women asking me if santa is coming ect . fills me with dread ... am i the only one ?

So...is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I read 'Santry' and thought for a moment that FG/Lab we're trying to redraw constituency boundaries while we were sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Yes he won't have time to check that list twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Fúcking grinch you are woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

No, he's coming in me.

Really?

Had heard he only comes once a year and when he does, its down the Chimney. He has serious issues, does that Santy bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

No, he's coming in me.

"Santa come down my chimney.."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

He has a big sack for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

He is coming after me..I think with a gun, shi....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Any adult who asks another adult if Santa is coming to them would be met with with an evil eye from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sorry to break it to you, kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Sorry to break it to you, kids.

You...you...YOU MONSTER :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas sure it's only 42 days 2 hours and 10 minutes away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas sure it's only 42 days 2 hours and 10 minutes away.

Get yer bells ready Miss December...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Unless Santa can win the big one for Feminism in the great fight we'll be having no Christmas round there parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

smash wrote: »
    Get yer bells ready Miss December...

I've all me bells and baubles ready and waiting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've all me bells and baubles ready and waiting :D

/pre orders calendar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I have an instant dislike for anyone that uses the word Santy

Thanks for this but I'm still stuck in July.

Santa can go fcuk himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Thanks for this but I'm still stuck in July.

Next time use lube.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

why would one adult ask another adult , with no children present if santa is coming ?

Just making conversation. It's a quirky way of asking if you/ye are buying any treats or going anywhere nice.

• Advertisement

A common phrase among my family and Friends (all mid 20's+). Never even thought twice about asking "is santy coming" or "did santy come", I don't see the problem at all tbh. Roll on Christmas!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I'm so immature, this thread has me giggling away to myself like an awful sad bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Everyone should remember the magical excitement about Santa and celebrate it on some level. I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He stopped coming when Guinness sold out to Diageo. Muttered something about globalisation and said he was buggering off to India to hang out with Elvis.
    So any hairy blokes dressed in red found in your living room this year are either some idiot you invited back whilst drunk or else he's robbing the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Where's me fcukin' bike?

Where's me fcukin' bike?

Santy sold it for beer money and with language like that you'll be a long time waiting for stabilisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Sorry but you sound a bit like a 15 year old having a tantrum that you're not being spoken to like one of the "big people".

Would you lighten up, it's just a turn of phrase, more polite and friendly than saying "so are you buying something great for yourself or imposing upon your family to buy you something expensive to celebrate the upcoming festive season?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Where's me fcukin' bike?

brilliant :D haven't heard that in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I always ask 'what did Santa bring you' it's just another way of saying what did you get for Christmas from loved ones, for me at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sanity will never take me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

I hope he does...im gonna steal his list of what girls have been naughty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 geegeebeebee

Just making conversation. It's a quirky way of asking if you/ye are buying any treats or going anywhere nice.

i find it condescending and i often refrain from saying so....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 geegeebeebee

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Fúcking grinch you are woman!

i really am !! if it never happened i wouldn't miss it . i dont even put up decorations , a tree nor to i eat turkey ! im also not a fan of ****e gifts ill never use either ....

dont get me started on xmas cards !!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

And this is how the Sinn Féin interrogations began..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Jeez, lighten up woman!! it is usually said in a jovial manner, don't be such a grouch.....bah humbug and all that crap!!!

Remember this from years ago:
    Santa comes down the chimney and sees a beautiful woman just standing there in a dressing gown, she asks him to stay for a while, Santa says "Ho Ho Ho, Santa must go, up the chimney, presents to deliver" So woman strips naked and asks if Santa is sure he doesn't want to stay, Santa says "Hey, Hey, Hey, Santa must stay, can't get up the chimney, mickey in the way"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I hate to break this to you but it's a festive social nicety. They're not actually implying that he's is gong to drop by your house on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

It is the four stages of life..

1...you believe in Santy

2...You dont believe in Santy

3...You are Santy

4...You look like Santy

chrysagon wrote: »
    It is the four stages of life..

1...you believe in Santy

2...You dont believe in Santy

3...You are Santy

4...You look like Santy

True and stage 4 is tragic if you happen to be a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

plenty people i know are already gearing up for the festive season.

Next time someone asks you "is Santa coming?", just say "yes he is, all over the place" :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement