Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card bonuses

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi...

Have a few large purchases coming up soon that i would like to see if i can benefit from. Will be getting a credit card.. and plan on using it to buy these things (and then paying them off)

Any credit cards i can avail of that have intro offers or reward schemes? Any stories of people benefiting from their cards (i believe those days are gone.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Would a personal loan be cheaper?

I get cashback but it is about a fifth of the interest charged, so quite irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I could just pay the cash - but from reading (American) articles, it seems like there are some benefits so using and paying off the card.

Since i know ill likely spend a few quid on it this year i thought o see if anything was available. The plan would be to not pay any interest and just to avail of the bonuses from spending x over a few months for example

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Tesco give 1 point for every €2 you spend on their card. Intro offer : you get 8 months interest free on purchases.
    more details in the link below. I don't think any other credit cards give any type of reward.
    Depends where you are buying your items if you use a cashback site like quidco to buy online you can get a few % cashback also.

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/

there is another thread on credit cards which gives pros and cons of tesco credit card. If you do a search I'm sure you will find it.

Advertisement