Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite from a guinea pig - infections?

• 12-11-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

This is a very stupid question I know, but a bit of a hypochondriac so I'll ask. My guinea pig was licking my hand and ended up biting and pierced the skin.

Is rabies (or anything else) an issue? Got the pig from a pet shop on Parnell St. in Dublin about a month ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

There is no rabies in Ireland but if you haven't had a tetanus booster in the last ten years it might be no harm to get one. Just wash the bite out well and you should be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

You should be ok i wouldn't worry.

What about the pig though? Do you have any infections that you could of passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poster2014

I don't think there is a worry of any kind of disease, licks and small bites are a sign of affection from guinea pigs! :)

Advertisement