Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I find a wholesaler for computer equipment?

Options
  • 13-11-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Any help appreciated - I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

euser1984 wrote: »
    Any help appreciated - I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Start with google.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Elara.ie or Dabs.ie is 2 places you could start.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hi,

They are not called wholesaler...
    They are named suppliers or distributors or resellers or partners.

If you are a valid registered business ( and not an end user ) you can approach them to open a trade account with them.
    Initially they will ask you to complete an application form. Also they may ask you for trading references AND cash or card purchases only.Hard to get credit from day one.One of my supplier that i know from 2020 closed my account recently because i don't do minimum €1,000 per month with them...

Based on my personal experience,depending on what product(s) you could have one distributor better than other.Open trade accounts with more than one and then compare prices and stock and special offers/ promotions.
    Some of them have exclusivity on that type of item(s) therefore giving you a better price and stock available.
    Others are selling some of only that part(s) or items such as software and/or hardware.
    Some have very nice website portals where you can do your "home work" before buying something,others take the order over the phone with personal advice.
    Also,not lastly,based on your location the closest and better...

I can forward you a list of suppliers around Dublin City if you are interested...

Good luck and welcome to the game ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Check out the PC Build forum on here - methinks most popular is some German company - popularity is no doubt due to cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Assuming that the OP is looking for trade purchase /volume purchase,the difference between a non .ie and a .ie is massive...
    If you buy something "heavy" size or numbers and after few months you need to do a return / RMA or a DoA...have fun with shipping and insurance !
    Regards

Advertisement