Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household charge letter

Options
  • 12-11-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone has actually avoided paying the household charge at this point, Iv just purchased a property and havent seen many posts after 2013 about people refusing to pay, just curious if the defiant actually coughed up in the end or not. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

AFAIK the HouseHold Charge has been replaced with the Property Tax. I didn't pay it. Revenue took over collecting it. They took it at source from me despite me never getting a letter from the Council. If you only purchased you won't have to pay the HouseHold Charge. You will be paying the Property Tax in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From an old thread revived in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Many of the more voicifierous weren't even liable by virtue of rented housing - and Revenue have pretty much seen to the rest paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Iv just purchased a property

I would expect that your solicitor ensured it was paid as it a lien on the property.

It has been replaced with property tax now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

I paid property tax for half 2013( if I remember correctly) but didn't pay household charge and haven't received no letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement