Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house question

Options
  • 13-11-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone answer this please a friend has a council house with a spare bedroom is it ok for them to put myself and my baby on the rent even though were only friends not a couple or relative?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it's ok provided they get permission from the council first.

Reasons the council could refuse are if it would make the house overcrowded (I'm not sure how they'd feel about you sharing a room with the baby long term), or if you have had issues in a previous council or voluntary tenancy (anti-social behaviour, damage, left owing rent).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ncj

Yes, it's ok provided they get permission from the council first.

Reasons the council could refuse are if it would make the house overcrowded (I'm not sure how they'd feel about you sharing a room with the baby long term), or if you have had issues in a previous council or voluntary tenancy (anti-social behaviour, damage, left owing rent).

Could u tell me the answer to this please if u know? My friend with a council house is a man and were not a couple or anything he's much older than me I'm on lone parents he has a job would they take my lone parents off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ncj wrote: »
    Could u tell me the answer to this please if u know? My friend with a council house is a man and were not a couple or anything he's much older than me I'm on lone parents he has a job would they take my lone parents off me?

You need to ask welfare about that. No one else can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ncj wrote: »

They would class it as cohabiting and could cause problems with your payments.
    Ask in the state benefits forums specifically for the benefit question

Advertisement