Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Possible to exchange US purchased IPAD?

• 13-11-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

A friend bought me a new IPAD mini 3 in the US last week. It's going to be a Christmas present. Unfortunately the lucky recipient wants the gold coloured IPAD and a grey one was purchased in error.
    The IPAD is still in its plastic wrapping and has not been opened. It is a wifi only model.
    I called the Apple store in Belfast to see if they would allow an exchange but the guy on the phone was unsure and vague and couldn't guarantee that they would allow an exchange.
    Has anyone any advice on how I could exchange it for a gold model?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

They won't exchange it. Best option would be to return it to point of purchase if possible or find someone on adverts etc who would be interested in swapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yeah, you'll take a hit for a few euros but adverts is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

PMC999 wrote: »
    A friend bought me a new IPAD mini 3 in the US last week. It's going to be a Christmas present. Unfortunately the lucky recipient wants the gold coloured IPAD and a grey one was purchased in error.
    The IPAD is still in its plastic wrapping and has not been opened. It is a wifi only model.
    I called the Apple store in Belfast to see if they would allow an exchange but the guy on the phone was unsure and vague and couldn't guarantee that they would allow an exchange.
    Has anyone any advice on how I could exchange it for a gold model?

All Apple Stores will only exchange like with like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

culabula wrote: »
    All Apple Stores will only exchange like with like.

Unless within 14 days they could basically swap for different colour no hassle but the big issue being a US iPad. Shouldn't really have to accept that in Belfast as they can't do much with it themselves after only get it sent back to US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is a US plug in that box so any store here or in NI will have some explaining to do if they sell it new because they will have to give the customer a UK plug for the charger, how will they explain that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement