Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Irish Water thread 2 closed, no explanation

Options
  • 13-11-2014 12:47am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's up? The thread in AH on Irish Water has suddenly closed, but there's no indication of why.

There's been some off topic posts today, but I can't see that closing this thread is a good idea right now, there are a LOT of people, (and I'm one of them) who are more than a little wound up by what's happening, and being able to raise awareness of what's happening is relevant to the future of IW, and by definition, the Government

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A PM to the mods should be your first step. You'd be more likely to get a satisfactory answer by doing that rather than posting here (which is the forum for general site feedback).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not closed currently, just when a mod note was being added to the first post.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Spear wrote: »
    It's not closed currently, just when a mod note was being added to the first post.

Indeed, I must have caught it while it was being set up, I tried to respond to a post, and got a strange message, and there was no update in the first post, or any other explanation, my first thought was that one of the servers had gone AWOL or wobbled, which happened the other evening with love/hate, and that was what triggered my post here, in case the admin ops needed to be aware of it, but a few minutes later, it was back with the Mod message, which explained the position

Thanks for the update

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Indeed, I must have caught it while it was being set up, I tried to respond to a post, and got a strange message, and there was no update in the first post, or any other explanation, my first thought was that one of the servers had gone AWOL or wobbled, which happened the other evening with love/hate, and that was what triggered my post here, in case the admin ops needed to be aware of it, but a few minutes later, it was back with the Mod message, which explained the position

Thanks for the update

The note was added at 23:46, and you started this thread at 23:47 so it seems you caught it in the few minutes it was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,098 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in those situations go to the forum page and look for the active user list, if you see an active mod of the forum it would be prudent to PM them. either way PMing a forum mod is the first avenue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

There's been some off topic posts today, but I can't see that closing this thread is a good idea right now, there are a LOT of people, (and I'm one of them) who are more than a little wound up by what's happening, and being able to raise awareness of what's happening is relevant to the future of IW, and by definition, the Government

Just in case you are interested, there is a very active and open thread in Politics about Irish Water with 5,718 posts, and it's still going strong. You are welcome to join the discussion there if you wish.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement