Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Recommendations for 5 year old boy

Options
  • 13-11-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not much of a gamer myself but a friend gave me an xbox 360 and I'm looking for some recommendations for games for a 5 year old boy.

I got him Lego Batman 2, which he loves and can play it for the most part, I think I'll get him the Star Wars one as well but just looking for something else apart from a Lego one.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Skylanders games are pretty good for kids although it might mean he'll be demanding more skylanders toys down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

peggle is worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Minecraft is popular with kids. You can get that on disc, or download it from the Xbox marketplace.

Do you have an Xbox Live Gold account? Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is currently free for Gold members, and I think it could suit a 5 year old. Even if you don't have a Gold account, Viva Piñata (the original and TIP) should be fairly cheap (<€10) second hand from GameStop/CEX/Smyths etc.

Further to Lego Batman and Star Wars, there's Lego Harry Potter too if he has an interest in that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Maybe Minecraft? I've not played the 360 version myself so not sure how easy it is to control with a joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There is a new Lego Batman out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Minecraft , it's like virtual lego and all wee lads love lego .... and some bigger ones :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do you have an Xbox Live Gold account? Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is currently free for Gold members, and I think it could suit a 5 year old. Even if you don't have a Gold account, Viva Piñata (the original and TIP) should be fairly cheap (<€10) second hand from GameStop/CEX/Smyths etc.

I wouldn't recommend that game for kids. Great game and all but even I had trouble with it, it's quite difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

3 and your in, heads and volleys, chasing, playing down the park, rollerblading, basketball.....
    Something active needed as a kid

Else...Lego games are good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The Sonic kart game is pretty cool. Sega All Star racing I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Yeah, would have to agree with the suggestion of Minecraft - fantastic game for creativity, and you can play it with up to 4 players split screen for some family fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend that game for kids. Great game and all but even I had trouble with it, it's quite difficult!
    My memory must be fuzzy, it's been six years since I played it. I seem to remember Leafos being very hand-holdy, but maybe that was just the tutorial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Grand Theft Auto 5....Battlefield 4......The Evil Within.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks, I think the xbox has Minecraft on it, so I'll see if he wants to play that and maybe pickup one of the Skylanders game as well, cheers

Advertisement