Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing Never Correct

Options
  • 13-11-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

On the 25th of July this year, I agreed a 12 month contract with Eircom. I would pay €30 a month for six months and then €45 for the following six months. This was noted on my file.

My first bill arrived on 15th August. It was incorrect so I rang and complained. I was told the problem was fixed.

I then received a discount on my September bill. In October the bill arrived, and was €48, despite me agreeing to €30 a month. I spoke to a girl on online chat and the girl told me she would put through €10 discount to make the bill €38.

My direct debit was still the €48. The discount was not applied.

This isn't acceptable to be honest. My bill has never been correct and I've now rang on about four occasions. How hard is it to note someone's agreement on your system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any chance of a response to this? Thread is up 5 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flash777er

Their billing service is a mess I also had a note on my account to say I pay on a certain date but like you they don't look at these notes. There seems to be a change in the way they do this as I have only had this problem in the last 4 months and second cut off. If you ring to explain they do nothing about it 

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

join the long queue

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Lemlin wrote: »
    On the 25th of July this year, I agreed a 12 month contract with Eircom. I would pay €30 a month for six months and then €45 for the following six months. This was noted on my file.

My first bill arrived on 15th August. It was incorrect so I rang and complained. I was told the problem was fixed.

I then received a discount on my September bill. In October the bill arrived, and was €48, despite me agreeing to €30 a month. I spoke to a girl on online chat and the girl told me she would put through €10 discount to make the bill €38.

My direct debit was still the €48. The discount was not applied.

This isn't acceptable to be honest. My bill has never been correct and I've now rang on about four occasions. How hard is it to note someone's agreement on your system?
    If you paid by direct debit and the amount was wrong then you have certain rights under the dd scheme.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/SEPADirectDebit

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I am so fed up with Eircom and their mistakes I can not wait to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Eircom is one of the only utilities I don't pay by direct debit as their invoicing systems are a laugh at times!

Great to see Eircom coming back to me. Why have a forum if you won't respond to people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Great to see Eircom coming back to me. Why have a forum if you won't respond to people?
    Apologies for the delay Lemlin

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

Apologies for the delay but I sent you the details and still have no response 2 weeks after you requested a pm.

Still no response to my pm. I've now sent an official complaint to Eircom. By my calculation, I've been overcharged €85.44 over five months. Eircom are a joke.

• Advertisement

Still no response to my pm. I've now sent an official complaint to Eircom. By my calculation, I've been overcharged €85.44 over five months. Eircom are a joke.
    Apologies Lemlin

Leave this with me and I'll get back to you today

Al

My complaint is logged with customer care in detail so if you want get the email from them.

My complaint is logged with customer care in detail so if you want get the email from them.
    Thank you Lemlin

Could you please PM me a mobile contact number for you and I'll call?

Thanks
    Al

PM sent.

Thanks for taking my call Lemlin

PM sent in follow up

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement