Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Maxus part required

Options
  • 13-11-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a 3 shot adapter plug for a browning maxis, brownells don't have them, numrich gun parts are out of stock tried a place in the UK for them,

Browning dealers here don't stock parts, one fellah even told me to make one myself out of Balsa wood which I may have to do.

Any ideas, any dealers in the UK that I could try?

Regards

Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

hey deeks, obviously a difficult thing to track down. I'm not a fan of the balsa wood type fixes myself.

Any dimensions or images of the real thing? Could you get one fabricated locally in a better material than wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I was half thinking of ordering one from an old browning auto 5 and then filing it down, I could get the dimensions off someone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

I was half thinking of ordering one from an old browning auto 5 and then filing it down, I could get the dimensions off someone here.
    If you can get the dimensions and a sketch, i could turn one in delrin on the lathe.

If you can get the dimensions and a sketch, i could turn one in delrin on the lathe.

Thank you nightforce that would be much appreciated. I'll try sticking a post up on shotgun world and if there is anyone on the site here that could help with the dimensions it would be great.

Thank you nightforce that would be much appreciated. I'll try sticking a post up on shotgun world and if there is anyone on the site here that could help with the dimensions it would be great.

No problem . PM the Details when you get them...

• Advertisement

If anyone here has a a Browning Maxus and has the time and a vernier calipers would they please be able to take a few measurements for me and stick them up, please.

Browningmaxus3shotadapter_zps7aab29ab.jpg

Deeks , can you pm me your phone no. If there is already a shorter plug in the Gun we can use most of the measurements , the new plug is just longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

If anyone here has a a Browning Maxus and has the time and a vernier calipers would they please be able to take a few measurements for me and stick them up, please.

Browningmaxus3shotadapter_zps7aab29ab.jpg

I have a maxus and calipers but not at home at present but I will measure over the weekend. My calipers are not machine shop calibrated though so it is still going to be a guesstimate in some way.

amadablam wrote: »
    I have a maxus and calipers but not at home at present but I will measure over the weekend. My calipers are not machine shop calibrated though so it is still going to be a guesstimate in some way.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay but here you go :)

Top of cap = 15mm
    Height of cap = 3mm
    Side of cap =6.2mm
    Under cap =3mm
    Slot for key = 6mm x 2.5mm
    Stem width = 10mm x 6mm
    Stem height = 145mm

• Advertisement

Cheers, you can actually take the adapter out using the key?

It seems that there is a European and s US version of the magazine cap. The European ones can't remove the adapter, you may have a us version.

No bother.

Yes it just takes a small household key to remove it.

I know three people with a browning maxus and they are the same

Advertisement