Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Switching off when 30% battery

• 13-11-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

iphone 4s keeps switching off before battery drains. Sometimes on 30 or 40% battery. I have tried a hard set but no change. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    iphone 4s keeps switching off before battery drains. Sometimes on 30 or 40% battery. I have tried a hard set but no change. Any ideas?

Very odd, would have suggested letting it run down to zero but you're even get the opportunity to do that. Maybe the battery's day is up, so if you're confident enough try replacing it yourself with one on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

You could call Apple and ask them to run a diagnostic on your iPhone. They will tell you how it's performing.

If it's depleted, you could then either pay Apple to replace it, or as Naasrd suggested, replace it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Assuming the phone is a couple of years old then basically your battery is knackered. They're good for about 500 charge cycles. Cheap enough to get replaced or you can buy one on eBay and do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How old is phone?
    When/how this this start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Assuming the phone is a couple of years old then basically your battery is knackered. They're good for about 500 charge cycles. Cheap enough to get replaced or you can buy one on eBay and do it yourself.

500 cycles? As most people charge theirs one a day, do they?, does that mean most are nackered after a year and a bit?
    I charged my old 4s for 2.5 years solid. Battery still is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Bigcheeze wrote: »

500 is way off the mark. As I type I'm looking at my daughter using her 3 and half year old iPhone 4 that's been charged well over 1500 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

This started happening with my 4s after about 2 years. It would turn back on again sometimes after 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Mine was only a few months old when it would do this . It would power off at over 30% and then show that I needed to connect the charger soon as the charger connects it will come back on and say it has 30% battery .
    I have had the iPhone 5c and now I have the iPhone 5s and they never had the same problem as my 4s had .

Advertisement