Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cheapish wireless chime for when an office door opens

Options
  • 13-11-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Like the title says I work in an office and people are continuously refusing for some reason to ring the bell on the desk to get attention. I was thinking of getting a wireless door chime that would chime when the door was opened so I would know when someone was there. I googled it but got confused with all the options. I would be very appreciative of someone a bit more tech savvy then myself pointing me in the right direction. Much obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you an alarm on the office ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

This might be a good place to start.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shop-Store-Visitor-Entry-Door-Bell-Chime-Welcome-Motion-Sensor-Wireless-Alarm-UK-/331005702433

No bells or whistles...well, suppose you need bells and whistles! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Have you an alarm on the office ?
    Ya the office is fully alarmed. Ideally thou I just want a little chime to ring in one back room when the door opens. Like normally there is a receptionist full time. This would only be needed when she is doing post etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What make of alarm is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Ya the office is fully alarmed. Ideally thou I just want a little chime to ring in one back room when the door opens. Like normally there is a receptionist full time. This would only be needed when she is doing post etc!

Most alarm systems can have a zone set up for chime.
    This can be turned on/off when your receptionist is or not out front.
    What it does is activates the internal bell for a second to give an indication of the door opening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend it connected to a buzzer output rather than the internal bell. That would drive you mad. You could use the keypad buzzer or connect a small external buzzer to a panel output.

Advertisement