Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reddit

• 13-11-2014 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I'm close to ordering a new Pc and upgrading from Win 7 to 8.1 i'm buying a Dvd version for about €90. If i understand theses guys buy bulk and sell the Licence Number on to you? Be a nice saving if the cost is so low and covered by secure payment Are these guys legit? If so i might take the plunge.
    Thanks.
    Ps I know Windows 10 is on its way but fancy trying 8.1 with all the new hardware i'm getting which i think the new OS will utilize.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Reddit software "exchange" might sell license keys that work (get your windows activated), but they are not legal!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be wary of it. Would you not just use windows 10? I've been using it on my desktop and find it very good. It's a little rough around the edges but I can tolerate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Thanks i might give the Reddit offer a skip. I didn't know there was Windows 10 preview for download now so i'm interested in that. I read that 10 will be a free update for Windows 8 users is that true?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Thanks i might give the Reddit offer a skip. I didn't know there was Windows 10 preview for download now so i'm interested in that. I read that 10 will be a free update for Windows 8 users is that true?

Nobody knows yet and we won't know until closer to the launch if windows 10.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Like anything else if the price seems too good to be true then it's suspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

One thing to note is that W10 preview will only work until 17/04/2015. There is no guarantee that there is a way forward / upgrade path from it. That said, I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 on my main PC myself :)

Advertisement