Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed but no response from vendor!!

Options
  • 13-11-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

We went sale agreed on a property two months ago and quickly got a valuation done and mortgage pack in order and everything good from our side with our solicitor waiting by. However in the last 6 weeks there is just no response from the vendor or their solicitor. Our solicitor has heard nothing back from their solicitor despite follow up letter and call to the solicitor. The estate agent has been following up with the vendor to see what happening and we are just getting told they are not getting any response from the vendor to calls and emails. We have been assured from the start their is no issue with negative equity to slow the process down. Last contact was 5 weeks ago and the vendor had been in hospital for a few weeks so can understand that. Unsure if some health issues slowing things down also.

We really want the property and eager to see things progressing. Any thoughts or similar experiences from people out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

We went through the same thing. Kept getting fobbed off by their solicitor and estate agent. Vendor could not be contacted, was on holidays etc. We could not get a date for handover for about 6 weeks. When we did arrange for a date it dragged on for over another week. They could be stalling for time or something. I still don't know the reason but our solicitor kind of implied it was common and not to worry. It's a pain in the swiss roll but don't get worked up.

Keep in touch with your solicitor and if you are ever in their office ask them to ring the other solicitor for update while you are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Doesn't sound good if even the EA can't get in touch either. I imagine they are a little worried too now re their fees!
    Your solicitor may need to up the ante here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Big Cheese wrote: »
    We went through the same thing. Kept getting fobbed off by their solicitor and estate agent. Vendor could not be contacted, was on holidays etc. We could not get a date for handover for about 6 weeks. When we did arrange for a date it dragged on for over another week. They could be stalling for time or something. I still don't know the reason but our solicitor kind of implied it was common and not to worry. It's a pain in the swiss roll but don't get worked up.

Keep in touch with your solicitor and if you are ever in their office ask them to ring the other solicitor for update while you are there

Glad to see someone else had similar issues I guess. I am keeping in touch with both the EA and my solicitor but just frustrating when nothing really moving along at all. I would have expected contracts issued at this point.

The vendor lives in the UK also which wont help also. I thought I mentioned this in opening post but obviously not.
    BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Doesn't sound good if even the EA can't get in touch either. I imagine they are a little worried too now re their fees!
    Your solicitor may need to up the anti here!

Yeah the EA seems frustrated and obviously they have their eyes on wanting to get paid.

I am just trying to figure out whats the delay as if they dont want to sell well then they can just pull out with no issues as contracts not exchanged. Would not be great thing but its the way it goes. But this thing of delaying it I dont understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

HAving exact same issue myself.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

had same issues, turns out they were stalling due to negative equity. We walked......

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    had same issues, turns out they were stalling due to negative equity. We walked......

So we have been told there are no issues with negative equity with the bank. Well as far as the EA is concerned anyways, or so I am told. Really dont want to walk as property is ideal for us in terms of location and size and price. Others will come along I am sure but keeping an eye on other properties and nothing standing out so keep on this one for the moment.

How long it take for you to walk from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

chris85 wrote: »

Unless you have found something else I would leave it as it is, you are keeping your options open

Unless you have found something else I would leave it as it is, you are keeping your options open

Yeah that is how I view it for the moment. Kind of been constantly on to solicitors and estate agent the last few weeks trying to figure out whats been going on. Think I will take a step back for the next week as not much it is doing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

chris85 wrote: »
    So we have been told there are no issues with negative equity with the bank. Well as far as the EA is concerned anyways, or so I am told. Really dont want to walk as property is ideal for us in terms of location and size and price. Others will come along I am sure but keeping an eye on other properties and nothing standing out so keep on this one for the moment.

we were told the same until we pushed. walked after 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

I am in the very same boat, BUT here is how mine differs slightly..

I am in continuous touch with the vendor but neither my solicitor the vendor or myself can get any response from the vendors solicitor.

The vendor has the builders on site finishing the home as he knows we wnat to by and is getting the house to turn key standard even tho we have no contracts etc signed .

Has BCC'd me into a couple of emails he has sent the solicitor, I know another guy in the same development looking to buy one of the houses also and he is in the same boat.

• Advertisement

Deal looks to be dead and will be walking away after Xmas most likely. Very disheartening outcome to be honest.

Back on the hunt in the new year it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Perhaps the health issues meant they reevaluated the sale. Very discourteous not to let you know though.

MouseTail wrote: »
    Perhaps the health issues meant they reevaluated the sale. Very discourteous not to let you know though.

Agreed. I can understand if something happened and they dont want to sell then that is their right with no contracts signed but the way it worked out was not right.

Advertisement