Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card

Options
  • 13-11-2014 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi All
    Just wondering what people think about the Tesco credit cards. I've sent off for an application form but just want to see what peoples opinions are on them.
    Are there any benefits other than the ones listed on their site and also how can you pay it off?
    Would like to hear about peoples pros and con's

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Cons
    No Online Banking to see transactions
    Slow paper statements as they come from the UK (mine never get's here until about 10 days after statement day)
    No automatic phone banking, you need to speak to an advisor even for simple inquiries.
    Learn the phrase "I'm in Southern Ireland, My card is in Euro, please check the right system"

Pros
    Tesco points
    Great Limit (well when I got my card years ago they gave me a good one)
    Good Customer Service when something goes wrong (at least that is my experience, others have different ones)
    When shopping in Tesco one card does it all (points and payment)

Payments:
    Direct debit from any SEPA account
    Post office
    Online at billpay.ie (money is usualy credited the next day)
    Online transfer from your bank
    By Post with cheques

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The lack of online banking with tesco credit card is a deal breaker for me. Otherwise I'd join them in a heart beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

What you have never had, you dont miss..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Cons
    No Online Banking to see transactions
    Slow paper statements as they come from the UK (mine never get's here until about 10 days after statement day)
    No automatic phone banking, you need to speak to an advisor even for simple inquiries.
    Learn the phrase "I'm in Southern Ireland, My card is in Euro, please check the right system"

Pros
    Tesco points
    Great Limit (well when I got my card years ago they gave me a good one)
    Good Customer Service when something goes wrong (at least that is my experience, others have different ones)
    When shopping in Tesco one card does it all (points and payment)

Payments:
    Direct debit from any SEPA account
    Post office
    Online at billpay.ie (money is usualy credited the next day)
    Online transfer from your bank
    By Post with cheques

Yes, there is no online banking but it is possible to view your transactions at my tesco clubcard account:
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/myaccount-register/

CC statements are issued with exactly the same day every month, so you should know that you have about 3 weeks to pay it off from that day.

I've never had any problems with tesco customer service as Irish tesco card holder.

The initial credit limit on tesco card may be as low as €750 only.

Tesco credit card with tesco points is the best moneyback from credit card on irish market, approximately you get 0.5% on every card purchase.

Advertisement