Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic 1 Year ban for causing crash on M50?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

McGaggs wrote: »
    Who ya gonna call to fix that?

I don't know. I'm just not sure if these guys can cut it anymore! :eek:

The biggest factor in tailbacks is actually people braking to avoid the car in front, and then accelerating at varying speeds causing a concertina effect.

Ban brake and accelerator pedals, and we're on a winner.

Yeah, tailgaters who misjudge, hit the brakes, car behind is too close and brakes a bit causing a knock on effect, then they accelerate and brake again. Load of nonsense. Proper safety distance and you can react by taking your foot off first and braking after if necessary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The biggest factor in tailbacks is actually people braking to avoid the car in front, and then accelerating at varying speeds causing a concertina effect.

Ban brake and accelerator pedals, and we're on a winner.

Concertina effect....

...David Coulthard is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes! 100% yes!

If you cause a disruption on the M50 you cannot drive safely and should be taken off the road for a period of time. Motorway driving should never have any disruptions or crashes. There was what, 3 or 4 different problems on the M50 today that lead to HUGE traffic jams.

Idiots of the highest order, driving too slow, not indicating, rubbernecking, driving in the incorrect lane.... ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Something out of a drivers control?

If the wheel was to come off as a result of an unknown fault on their vehicle, would you consider it was them who caused the crash?

If you're driving the sort of car that just loses wheels, then you either haven't had it serviced in years, or have no NCT cert, or both.

1 year ban *Judges hammer comes down*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Something out of a drivers control?

If the wheel was to come off as a result of an unknown fault on their vehicle, would you consider it was them who caused the crash?

and how many times does that happen compared to people being dozy f*cks who cant concentrate for more than a minute at a time and run up the arse of the car in front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

or a blowout.
    or mechanical failure.
    or a sneeze(nearly did this myself once)
    or avoiding a dangerous driver.
    or a scumbag dropping a concrete block onto your windscreen from the bridge above,

There are plenty of reasons. they're called accidents after all.

Not paying attention to what you are doing and hitting somebody is not an accident. its careless driving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Beano wrote: »
    and how many times does that happen compared to people being dozy f*cks who cant concentrate for more than a minute at a time and run up the arse of the car in front?

It's actually happened to a friend's dad's car. The point though wasn't about the particular scenario, but of an incident caused, that was not directly a result of the driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The M50 has seen a massive increase in Traffic since March this year. There is an awful lot more people using it.

The main problem for me are the tailgaters, especially some of the Van Drivers who think they have to be nearly touching your bumper.

Also the guys cutting in at the last minute on off ramps need to be addressed as well especially around the Naas Road off ramp and the Sandyford one. You always have a knobjockey trying to sneak in at the last minute from the outside lane and typically blocking that lane creating the potential for a collision.

Rubberneckers why do people do it. I was on the M50 around 7 years ago when rubberneckers slowing down looking at an accident around a km from the Ballinteer exit Northbound caused a worse accident on the Southbound lane that I narrowly avoided being involved in (I still don't know how I did, I guess I was lucky as I was in the centre lane and there was no car beside me in the outside lane when the collision occurred in the inside lane).

• Advertisement
Advertisement