Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I need to get in contact with regarding a complaint?

Options
  • 13-11-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Who do I need to get in contact with in Eircom regarding a complaint that I entered on the Eircom website on the 29th Oct?

I lodged a formal complaint via the Eircom website, and received an automated email to say that I would receive a case number within 10 working days. This was on the 29th October.

Here I am, 11 working days later, and I am still waiting to hear from Eircom with a case number.

The installation company said that there was no ducting in my house, and that there was no cabling for my road (even though at least two of my neighbours on my side of the road have Eircom installed), and said that there was nothing that he could do on the day. I confirmed with the builder that the ducting was all there and it shouldn't be an issue.

I have been in contact with Eircom about 6 times via phone, to no avail. Every time I was told that it was either my issue, or that someone would ring me back in order to make a new appointment.

Eventually after a few mails via Twitter, I was told that a new distribution point has to be built in order to get service, and that they had no lead time on this as permission from the county council is needed to carry out the works.

And yet, during all this time, I have seen KN Network vans in my estate on a number of occasions, and even have seen people in KN high-vis vests pulling cables in the estate. 

I just don't know what to do! Or who to complain to! What do I need to do to get this resolved?!?! If I went with another providor, they would still need to get Eircom to install the lines in my house.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dearg86 wrote: »
    Who do I need to get in contact with in Eircom regarding a complaint that I entered on the Eircom website on the 29th Oct?

I lodged a formal complaint via the Eircom website, and received an automated email to say that I would receive a case number within 10 working days. This was on the 29th October.

Here I am, 11 working days later, and I am still waiting to hear from Eircom with a case number.

The installation company said that there was no ducting in my house, and that there was no cabling for my road (even though at least two of my neighbours on my side of the road have Eircom installed), and said that there was nothing that he could do on the day. I confirmed with the builder that the ducting was all there and it shouldn't be an issue.

I have been in contact with Eircom about 6 times via phone, to no avail. Every time I was told that it was either my issue, or that someone would ring me back in order to make a new appointment.

Eventually after a few mails via Twitter, I was told that a new distribution point has to be built in order to get service, and that they had no lead time on this as permission from the county council is needed to carry out the works.

And yet, during all this time, I have seen KN Network vans in my estate on a number of occasions, and even have seen people in KN high-vis vests pulling cables in the estate. 

I just don't know what to do! Or who to complain to! What do I need to do to get this resolved?!?! If I went with another providor, they would still need to get Eircom to install the lines in my house.
    Hi dearg86

For an update on your complaint you will need to contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 however if you would like me to look in to the status or your order and request clarification from engineers please PM me the order number (should end with a 'P' )

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dearg86

Hi Alan,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will ring 1901 shortly. Difficult to get time away from my desk in work to make the call but I will get them. 

I don't have my order number to hand but I will send you my account number by PM.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will ring 1901 shortly. Difficult to get time away from my desk in work to make the call but I will get them. 

I don't have my order number to hand but I will send you my account number by PM.
    Thanks for the PM dearg86

I have requested more information on your order and as soon as I have this I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you Alan.

Thank you Alan.
    No worries dearg86

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if you have an update on my order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if you have an update on my order?
    Hi dearg86
    apologies you have not had a reply to this, can you PM me the details, Al is off today.
    I can have update for you today.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

I just sent you on the pm there. Thank you for looking at this for me.

Hi Tony,
    I didn't see your post until late on Friday, so understand that you wouldn't have had a chance to review last week. Do you have an update on my query?

Hi dearg86
    apologies post was in late Friday so we only picked it up today, we are looking at this now.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, Tony,

Is there an update on my query/account? It is now 20 working days since I lodged my formal query online via your support page, and I am yet to receive a case number. I understand that people are off, and that some of the responses were late received on this site, but waiting 20 working days for an update is on the verge of becoming farcical. 

I am getting very frustrated at this stage. I need to know how long it will be before I will be able to get my phone and internet installed. I have not been given the length of time that it is expected to take to investigate and resolve my query/order.

Hi Alan, Tony,

Is there an update on my query/account? It is now 20 working days since I lodged my formal query online via your support page, and I am yet to receive a case number. I understand that people are off, and that some of the responses were late received on this site, but waiting 20 working days for an update is on the verge of becoming farcical. 

I am getting very frustrated at this stage. I need to know how long it will be before I will be able to get my phone and internet installed. I have not been given the length of time that it is expected to take to investigate and resolve my query/order.
    I am genuinely sorry for the delays however I am still awaiting clarification from our operational divisions on your installation.

I will actively chase this up for you until I have further information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan, Tony,

I am genuinely sorry for the delays however I am still awaiting clarification from our operational divisions on your installation.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan. 

Hi Alan, Tony,

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan. 
    No problem dearg86

I fully understand the inconvenience this is causing and apologise for these delays so far

Al

Hi Alan, any update on my account/order yet? I understand that you are waiting to hear from your operational division, but I don't understand why it is taking so long to get a response. Is there an issue that I am not aware of?

Hi Alan, is there any update on my order?

Hi Alan, is there any update on my order?
    Hello dearg86

I understand that lack of updates and information surrounding your order is very disappointing and I do sincerely apologise for this. I am awaiting an official update on your order and until I have this I can only apologise for the delays and inconvenience this is causing dearg86

AL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP put in an official complaint to comreg at the very least eircom have failed to comply with their own complaints procedure.

The Universal Service Obligation has some relevance here http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp but does mean that Eircom can mess you about for 6 months.

Thanks my3cents. Could be worth considering now at this stage! Getting very frustrated with the lack of response to my query!!! 

Hi Alan, 

Is there an update available on my account/order? When I last spoke to a representative on the phone on the 14th November, I was told that the work was expected to be completed on the 8th December. Can you please confirm if this work has been completed? Also, when can I expect someone out to install my phone line? 

This issue has been ongoing for over two months now. I submitted my query online on the 29th October, 28 working days ago, and I still do not have a response to this formal query with a case number, or an update on what exactly the issue is with the installation. I have an automated email that I received on the 29th October which states that I will hear back within 10 working days...

"Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting eircom.

We will respond to you within ten working days and supply you with a case number.

Kind regards,
    eircom customer services team"

It is a complete disgrace that I have not received an update in regards to any of this. It just goes to show how you really value your customers. 

• Advertisement

There really isn't much you can do but because Eircom have made promises they don't seem to have kept then you should get some joy from contacting comreg.

To make Eircom aware you are chasing this you really do need to contact comreg before they will take you seriously.

Thanks my3cents. I have finally contacted Comreg after yet again having absolutely no joy when dealing with Eircom directly. Hopefully this might get some traction. Really getting annoyed with them at this stage!

Thanks my3cents. I have finally contacted Comreg after yet again having absolutely no joy when dealing with Eircom directly. Hopefully this might get some traction. Really getting annoyed with them at this stage!
    Hi dearg86

I see that the forecast date of December advised by network engineers has again passed and there is now a new request for more information. As soon as there is any further information I will let you know right away. The reference number for the request for more information is 1673441.

Thanks
    Al

Your complaint to comreg should include the fact that Eircom have missed promised dates and not replied to a formal complaint. There is probably more mileage in Eircom not replying to a formal complaint than there is in the missed dates unfortunately. Because of Eircoms failure to deal with a formal complaint comreg don't have to wait 10 working days for a reply from Eircom so you can start asking comreg for an update in a couple of days.

Hi Al, Thank you for your update. I was given that case number on Monday when I was speaking to someone. He also told me that I would hear back from someone in 24-48 hours. However, when I rang back on Wednesday afternoon, I was told that there was no further information, but that there was a note on my file saying that they are "awaiting cabling" (?!). I am wondering am I back to square one?

my3cents, I included everything in the email to Comreg. Thankfully I have been taking note of all my interactions with Eircom. They replied to me today and said that someone from Eircoms complaint department would be in contact with me. Here's hoping that I get an actual update on my order! 

Hi Al, Thank you for your update. I was given that case number on Monday when I was speaking to someone. He also told me that I would hear back from someone in 24-48 hours. However, when I rang back on Wednesday afternoon, I was told that there was no further information, but that there was a note on my file saying that they are "awaiting cabling" (?!). I am wondering am I back to square one?

my3cents, I included everything in the email to Comreg. Thankfully I have been taking note of all my interactions with Eircom. They replied to me today and said that someone from Eircoms complaint department would be in contact with me. Here's hoping that I get an actual update on my order! 
    You're welcome dearg86 - although I am sorry I can't offer you a better update yet. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

I still haven't heard anything at all from Eircom. I really don't understand what the delay could be. Four months after ordering my package and I still do not know when it will be installed or why is hasn't been installed.... It really does baffle me. Surely someone in Eircom knows what's happening with my order!

I still haven't heard anything at all from Eircom. I really don't understand what the delay could be. Four months after ordering my package and I still do not know when it will be installed or why is hasn't been installed.... It really does baffle me. Surely someone in Eircom knows what's happening with my order!
    Hi dearg86, we will chase this case again for you and hope to be able to offer some information on delay here.
    Tony

Hi dearg86

Upon request for clarification on your order with operations I have had confirmation that further cabling is required and the forecast date is set for the 30th of April 2015.

I understand this news is is largely disappointing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 stephenwyse

Alan,
    As the other owner of the house in question I can safely say that largely disappointing doesn't quite cut it. The 30th of April will be approximately 32 weeks after our order was placed. As per ComReg document 08/37, all requsts for first time connections are to be met within 26 weeks. As such, we will be escalating our case with ComReg.

Advertisement