Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAving extension light on when extension in use

• 13-11-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

I hope the title makes sense...
    With traditional PBX system, when an extension was in use, the light next to the extension short-key would like up to let other people in the office know that the extension is in use.

I have a client who is trying to do the same. I went to Google and found an article saying that it's not possible.

Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It should be but depends on the setup.

I have it set up on my system at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sorry forgot to mention the phones are Grandstream gxp2130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

As mentioned already BLF is what you want to set up on the phone. You just set the BLF address to your PBX IP Address and see if it works. There shouldn't need to be any extra configuration on the PBX.

Asterisk definitely supports BLF. Such a handy feature for reception desks :)

Sorry guys should have mentioned.... hosted PBX with Goldfish

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Sorry guys should have mentioned.... hosted PBX with Goldfish

Oh. Goldfish may not work with BLF, I'm not sure.

Try setting the BLF server to sip.goldfish.ie and then the extension side keys as the internal extension, if this doesn't work try the SIP Username (eg. Try 1000 first before 10012567890).

Judging by these, it may not be supported:
    http://soho66.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=283
    http://soho66.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=237

Let us know if it works or not though :o

Thanks for the info. About to blast off an email to goldfish to see. I really hope they do support it y clients really need it.

If it doesn't, then a Raspberry PI might cover you cheaply. Assuming no remote office/workers and not many users. It might be possible to use it as a BLF server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

From my experience BLF will work only when pbx and phone are in this same network, however i don't know if this is this same with hosted solution.

Advertisement