Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insufficient funds for a standing order

Options
  • 13-11-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Good afternoon,

I was recently informed by a service provider of mine who I have a standing order with month to month that there were insufficient funds in my checking account when they went to take payment on November 6th (with the standing order due the 8th).  

Thinking this sounded strange as I've never been overdrawn, I looked at my account balance in/around these days and, based on the amount that was to be taken, I had the funds to cover this.

How can I go about questioning this with yourselves, as I have been penalized by the service provider with an overdrawn fee, when it appears the monies were there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi blapabrew22

Thanks for coming here for help with your banking query.

Upon reading your post, is it possible it is a direct debit the company are presenting for rather than a Standing Order as the query does sound unusual?

A Standing Order is usually an instruction set up by the account holder (yourself) at a set amount on a set date although a company do not request this on your account, it will be sent automatically once funds are cleared and present in your account.

Or it seems they were attempting to take direct debit payment before the due date of the payment, we'd recommend calling Bank of Ireland 365 at your earliest convenience to have account checked and see if a request for payment was indeed made by them on the 6th. Our colleagues will be happy to assist.

Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8 am-12 midnight, Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays 9 am-6 pm.

Contact numbers 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000

If we can help further please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement