Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Allcast problem.

Options
  • 13-11-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Here I am going slowly crazy trying to get my new Chromecast to play movies from my android phone.
    The good news first. The Chromecast is working fine, I've downloaded Allcast Premium and I can watch Youtube videos and photos and videos from my phone with no problem whatsoever.
    But that's not why I bought the Chromecast. I bought it to be able to watch movies through my android phone.
    So I've downloaded a free movie app (which I assume is legitimate, correct me if not, no wrong-doing intended). I then choose a movie, download it and press 'share'. This directs me to Allcast, which begins searching for players. It then tells me to select playback device and shows my Chromecast as an option (the only one btw). So I select that option and my phone show a list, starting with Chromecast, then gallery, recent, etc etc.
    So I select Chromecast. Then I swipe the Allcast icon and the message comes up 'no media playback in progress'. I go back to the movie and press share again and the whole process starts again. Every combination of instruction ends up the same way.
    In short, why won't Allcast play a downloaded movie from my phone?
    I'm no tekkie, so be gentle with me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

tony glenn wrote: »
    So I've downloaded a free movie app (which I assume is legitimate, correct me if not, no wrong-doing intended).

Depends on what movies you are getting access to. If you are getting movies which are just released for free then I would say it is illegal.

Go to Google Play Movies if you wish to purchase movies and have a hassle free Chromecast experience.

I have no experience with AllCast but I imagine it must have to upload the data from your phone to their servers and then back to your Chromecast which sounds like it would take a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Problem solved thanks. I just wasn't giving each movie time to load. It was just a matter of waiting in front of a blank screen for 30 seconds or so....and suddenly, the movie would start. Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement