Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iphone 6 64gb question

• 13-11-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I want to get an iphone 64gb.

My question is... i have itunes music that totals 44gb... and i want to include all my songs on the iphone.

Is 64gb big enough to hold all these? I know this might sound like a stupid question but I know sometimes when they say 64gb, its actually only 50gb. And I want to habe enough gb leftover to ensure the phone runs smoothly.

Thanks for any help.

(I dont want to go up to 128gb because its 100 dearer).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're correct. 64GB doesn't actually mean 64GB free space for you.
    If you plan to fill it to the brim immediately I'd go with higher capacity. You may want to add games, vids or whatnot in the future
    Or just don't put all the music on at once (yeah I know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

RVM89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to get an iphone 64gb.

My question is... i have itunes music that totals 44gb... and i want to include all my songs on the iphone.

Is 64gb big enough to hold all these? I know this might sound like a stupid question but I know sometimes when they say 64gb, its actually only 50gb. And I want to habe enough gb leftover to ensure the phone runs smoothly.

Thanks for any help.

(I dont want to go up to 128gb because its 100 dearer).

It would fit, but you wouldn't leave yourself much room for apps and photos. Subscribe to iTunes match then all your music is available on any of you ios devices and wound hog your space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I have a 64GB iPad and the actual capacity was around 55 gb I think- not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RVM89

Thanks for the replies. I might have to stump up the extra 100 so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RVM89

Aeternum wrote: »
    I have a 64GB iPad and the actual capacity was around 55 gb I think- not 100% sure

Maybe wouldn't be too bad then. I'd have 11gb free. I don't plan on having any movies on it - apps might be 2-3gb.... photos 5gb etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Really you should use iTunes match, I have over 10000 songs playable on my iPhone 6 via match andonly takes up about 5gb of local storage with localy cached versions.

Advertisement