Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misandry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Check out "misandry in the media" videos on youtube. The guy who does them is irritating but it's hard to argue with him as he goes through loads and loads of tv ads in which men are depicted as buffoons and idiots.

It's not a new trend either, look at pretty much any family sitcom: idiot father figure: fred flintsone, homer simpson, peter griffin, phil dunphy (modern family) vs sensible wife character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Packrat

The OP didn't say Boards was riddled with it and not give examples. They asked if it was more acceptable, which is a fair question whether you think it's a big deal or not, that can be answered with either a yes or a no.

He's taking the piss out of another thread earlier this week.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yep IR, there is some of that out there alright and you know how I process it? I don't. I don't care. Not a single fcuk do I give. I certainly don't fall into a whinge fest, unless something directly impacts my life in a material way because of the location of my nads* and if and when that does happen, I don't whinge, I don't label it to "own it", nor buy into any of that weak tea hippie nonsense nor appeal to some external authoritaaay to protect my special snowflake sensibilities, I just fcuking deal with it, or ignore it for the guff it is. Mostly the latter. Some Guardian reading cosseted handwringer who thinks himself an artist writes men as daft in a sitcom or an ad for bogroll or whatever? Who gives a flying fcuk? Really guys. To give a fcuk should be beneath you.

I put it in a wider context too. Sure, there are many of us, men and women alike reading this have their own shíte to deal with in their lives. Some of it objectively minimal, while some are dealing with some real life heavy duty crap. However, few of us will be going to bed hungry and cold and sick, few of us will be counting the days waiting for the grave. Some medja gobshíte crapping out BS for the mob kinda comes right down the line of crap we should care about. Not when a large chunk of our fellow humans on this planet go to bed hungry, sick, or dying tonight and for many nights, so a "sexist" sitcom, or some extremist twat on the interwebs is hardly worth getting too bloody wound up over.

TL;DR? When the fcuk did we get so bloody sensitive, precious and condescending in equal parts? Let's all just endeavour to grow a pair, whether that be ovaries or testes and just hang out with people, not gender, nor some made up labels of bullshít and chill the fcuk out and look at the actual real life guff that fecks us over.

*If I was going through a nasty divorce or I had an issue with access to kids that I don't have, then I'd come out angry and fighting, every step of the way. And I'd fight dirty if I had to. Have in the past on other matters. [/good luck telling a female poster crying misogyny to "grow a pair" :D
    but that's right, men are men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I really have got better things to be getting on with than this. Beyond the purely biological, there is no difference between the male and female of the species. We are equally as likely to be smart, stupid, racist, homophobic, kind, cruel, rational, irrational and all at the same time in some cases.

Inventing differences is a good excuse for selling self-help manuals to the bewildered. Show me the person who has a copy of Men are from Mars.....that they didn't get as an unwanted present and I'll bet they have five other books on how to become a millionaire overnight, lose weight effortlessly, think your way to success and so on. All half read and now used for propping up the wobbly kitchen table. Carpentry for Dummies was not a success.

Writing hateful posts about the other 50% of the human race doesn't make you anything but an idiot. Lets not credit these idiots of both sexes with respectable sounding Latin titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's a kids cartoon, lads. No need to over analyse it. In one recent episode they were trying to get Daddy Pig to exercise and not eat so much junk food. Is that "fat shaming"?

And mrs rabbit is always popping out babies and don't forget mr bull breaking all the china in the china shop. Peppa pig is a hotbed of stereotypes and must be stopped!

(Yes I have watched too many episodes of Peppa Pig :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

In-depth discussion can be had in Humanities

Discussions on a toddlers cartoon can be had in Parenting or Childrens show forum. Respective mods can advise on suitability.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement