Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove & fireplace w/ installation?

• 13-11-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone got any recommendations on where to get a fireplace and stove that would install em too? Looking to get one that gets connected up to the home heating.

Cheers :)
    Snipe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Treaty Fireplaces, 34 Johns Street, sells and installs fireplaces.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

The Snipe wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Anyone got any recommendations on where to get a fireplace and stove that would install em too? Looking to get one that gets connected up to the home heating.

Cheers :)
    Snipe

Try http://ryanstoves.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

We went with Livingstone on the Dock Road. They do Fireplaces & Stoves. Found Ryans brilliant for knowledge but not so good on aesthetics. Absolutely delighted with the job we had done, looks fab

http://www.livingstone.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

I'm actually looking for someone to widen a fireplace and install a stove for me so if anyone reading this knows anyone reputable that can do this please send me a PM.

I've tried the usual stove places but i already have the stove so those shops won't install for me unless I buy the stove from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Moses101

Dave hayes,plumber,stove installer.did this very same job for me.excellent work.out creeves,askeaton direction.

• Advertisement

Will give him a shout, I take it you were happy with the work to recommend him here. Was there much of a mess involved and how long did it take ? if you would prefer to PM me the rough cost so i have an idea what to budget for before Xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

If you already have the fireplace, how much does it cost just to install a stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Moses101

Lots of dust.he doesn't leave any debris.fireplace looks as if it wasn't touched.he put in a stovac.had to cut out the stone to fit.has a top class stone man to do same.i guess price depends on how long its gonna take.he's reasonable.

WOuld you be able to PM me his contact details please ? can't seem to find a mobile for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

Sorry to resurrect thread,but I'm in a similar situation. Looking to install a new stove in place of an old one,but will require widening the fireplace etc Also if the costs are not too high,perhaps see if fitting a back boiler stove would make sense. We haven't purchased anything yet,so if there are any decent stove shops that include installation with stove or if anyone can PM the details of someone who can do a good installation would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Dave Hayes plumber 087 2814741, that was his number years ago anyway, doubt he changed it.

Advertisement