Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student hairdresser

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

This morning my girlfriend went into <SNIP> in <SNIP> St to model for a hairdressing student who approached her for his final exam. She was aware that her hair was getting cut and coloured by somebody that was not yet fully qualified as it was free of charge. However; given the fact that this was the hairdressers final exam after 3 years of studying she assumed that she could trust this person to do their job.

Before starting she spoke with the hairdresser about what length and colour she wanted. During the process of getting her hair done, the hairdresser hacked at her neck numerous times with a sharp scissors. Her neck became red raw from the blade to which the hairdresser implied that she must have sensitive skin. She answered by saying no, the scissors was being scraped across her neck. At one point the tip of the scissors almost cut deep into the skin of her neck and she exclaimed in pain. The hairdresser panicked and lifted up her hair to check if he had drawn blood.

The way in which he was holding the scissors was unskilful and clumsy. He did not hold the hair away from the skin and instead ran the scissors across her neck damaging her skin. At one point she went to the bathroom to check her neck and was horrified by what she discovered and took pictures to see the full extent of the damage.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9885/hcgZjb.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3452/meGjkk.jpg

She has had experience modelling for another hairdressers and has never had an experience such as this. It has been 5 hours since she left the salon and just 5 minutes ago she began to complain that she still felt a very uncomfortable stinging sensation so I took this photo of her neck. As you can see by the window in the background that it is now nighttime and her neck is still red raw to a certain degree.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/1249/UDP6pd.jpg

I like to hear some peoples opinions and/or experiences. She wishes to make people aware of the consequences of being easily fooled into thinking that a person appears more qualified than they actually are. As her boyfriend I am absolutely outraged at how this hairdresser has torn apart the skin on her neck and how he and certain other staff in the salon tried to shrug it of as normal. This is in no way normal and I don't think that these people should be allowed to undertake these exams if they are not safe with a scissors in their hand. Having said that I am not saying that every student will be like this however there should be proper protocol and reviews done by the hierarchy in <SNIP> before any of these "hairdressers" are allowed the opportunity to harm potential customers in the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

did she speak to whoever was supervising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can't understand how she didn't stop him, once things started to go awry, and ask for a supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

She was modelling for someone taking an exam, so he wasn't qualified, and wasn't guaranteed to pass either.

Sounds like she was just unlucky, and the thread title is unfair to <SNIP> as she wasn't a consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

So, did he pass the exam or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Thread title changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

At one point you say she was 'easily fooled' but yet your first paragraph says she 'assumed', so which is it, did they claim he was way above what he was or did she just think 'ah its free, great, ya i'll let him do it'. You then just go way over the top in the description of the outcome, 'torn apart the skin on her neck', its not the Daily Mail here, her neck isn't red raw going by the pics you posted, there are a couple of minor looking scratches, ive had worse razor burn from a less than fresh razor at the barber. She should have known what she was getting into as after all the person wasnt qualified. Put it down to experience and pay next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

It'll be gone in 4-5 days.
    Seems a bit over the top to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did your girlfriend ask him to stop or call over a supervisor? Or did she make any comment as she left?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

Did she like the end result?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

It's unfortunate.

Your gf was made aware that they were not qualified.

It was free.

She will live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

On the other hand he did a smashing job with the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Sprrratt wrote: »
    This morning my girlfriend went into <SNIP> in <SNIP> St to model for a hairdressing student who approached her for his final exam.

Love the irony that the hairdressers name was edited to <SNIP> considering the events of the story :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's what you get for being cheap OP.

Advertisement