Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill parade.

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just about to start a new job in Dublin and have been looking for a place to stay in Dublin. I found a lovely place on Summerhill Parade. What is this area like, I have heard some bad things and some good things but am yet to get the head around on what the area is like.
    Is it a "no go area" ? Is it safe, I know that the transport routes are great with it being so close to Connolly station but I would just like to know is the area safe and would it be a solid place to live.
    Appreciate all comment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Dublin County North.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go up yourself one evening and have a look. Have a drink in a local pub.
    It's quite a busy road all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

after dark I wouldn't walk around it or pop into the Sunset for a scoop, door to door in taxi's would be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

spurious wrote: »
    Go up yourself one evening and have a look. Have a drink in a local pub.
    It's quite a busy road all night.

Yup, you'll feel like an extra from LOVE/HATE :D

OP I was born in the area, actually I was born in the old tenements on Summerhill right beside Rutland St school and I've still got a lot of family in the area.

If I was single, didn't need to park or lock a bicycle up and was just looking at renting I'd say its ok.

If you're considering buying into the area I'd say forget it. Its very hard for a 'blow in' to move into these places.

Its not a pretty area, most of the people are a bit on the rough/tough side and the pubs are fecking awful but its brilliant for getting into the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

The house is near the Gala shop and post office on Summerhill parade. Would it be safe to park a car there, and is that street alright?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I live quite close by and to be honest I wouldn't park a car where you have described.

Fifty or sixty yards makes a world of difference in some parts of town.

Advertisement