Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm thinking of getting the CDs too. Would also love to hear about the workshop Greenorchard. My last labour was a bit mad and a bit unusual so I'd like something a bit more run of the mill this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

So I haven't thrown up in 4 whole days! The nausea's still bad, especially in the first half of the day, but the vomiting seems to be dying down, fingers crossed.

Booked a Gentlebirth workshop for next month, looking forward to it :)

Yaaaaaaaay!!!

Delighted for you. Sadly I had two difficult days with throwing up again, but still happy on the overall situation, less sickness = happy me! It gives you a taste of "normal" life again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

The workshop isn't until the end of next month but will definitely let ye know how I get on. They're posting the CD's out to me tomorrow so I'll start listening to those when they arrive.

Oh no Wholeheartedly, hope the vomiting eases up for you soon. It's still a struggle to keep my breakfast down in the mornings but it does seem to be staying down most days. It's the little things!

The workshop isn't until the end of next month but will definitely let ye know how I get on. They're posting the CD's out to me tomorrow so I'll start listening to those when they arrive.

Oh no Wholeheartedly, hope the vomiting eases up for you soon. It's still a struggle to keep my breakfast down in the mornings but it does seem to be staying down most days. It's the little things!

Did you get the CD's as part of the course or order them separately?

I had just such a good four days, that it made it a bit easier. Hoping for longer stretches each time. Just got toast in bed and feeling okay so don't think I will be sick this morning!

Did you get the CD's as part of the course or order them separately?

I had just such a good four days, that it made it a bit easier. Hoping for longer stretches each time. Just got toast in bed and feeling okay so don't think I will be sick this morning!

They're included with the course. If you pay in full in advance they send the CD's straight away, if I'd just put a deposit down I wouldn't have gotten them until the day of the course. I did think about just getting the CD's as it would've been a lot cheaper but in the end I justified the price to myself by the fact I'm going public so haven't spent a load of money going private/semi-private :pac:

I thought I was feeling movement last week but now I don't think it was. I kept getting it in the same place for a couple of days but it was quite sore so I think it was just round ligament pain. Hopefully start feeling some flutters soon. It still doesn't quite seem real & my bump is still tiny!

• Advertisement

I thought I was feeling movement last week but now I don't think it was. I kept getting it in the same place for a couple of days but it was quite sore so I think it was just round ligament pain. Hopefully start feeling some flutters soon. It still doesn't quite seem real & my bump is still tiny!

Thanks for the info. As I said the other day, I am meeting with the instructor I know. So going to wait for that to make a decision, see what she advises, course/cds/etc. I am slightly relaxed about the labour, nervous but not as scared as some seem to be. Which I am hoping is a positive, and might suit the gentle birthing approach well. I really feel for people who are really scared by it, all that added stress. That might all change when my bump is HUGE and I realise I have to push it out. Agh..

I am actually most freaked out by the idea of an epidural, of being cut downstairs or a c-section. The idea that some people request a c-section is Madness to me, the idea scares the beans out of me!

My friend told me yesterday she had movement from 17 weeks so hopefully soon for you. For some reason, I have a feeling I won't feel it for a while. Could be wrong. We will just wait and see!

My bump is most definitely there, all four months of it popping out. And we got the doppler, it's great, good fun. And I can locate the heartbeat within about 3 seconds so no worries there!

I'm not too worried about labour either at the moment, I was always a bit horrified by the idea of it when I was younger but I feel relatively ok about it now. That doesn't mean I won't be panicking when the time comes though so I felt the course would benefit me in helping keep me calm/focused. I'd also love to have as intervention-free a birth as I can & it really seems to help with that from what I've read. I know things can go wrong on the day but I'd like to be as prepared as possible :)

Oh I'm the exact same about epidurals, c-sections etc. As much as pushing a baby out doesn't sound like fun, a c-section seems SO much worse to me.

My bump seems to come and go at the moment but even when it's there it's not very noticeable. I met a friend I hadn't seen in a while yesterday & she laughed and said "What bump? You're tiny!"

Hahahaha. I actually like having a bit of a bump already, it does make it more real.

If we do the private Facebook, we can share some bump photos. I love seeing them!!

Hahahaha. I actually like having a bit of a bump already, it does make it more real.

If we do the private Facebook, we can share some bump photos. I love seeing them!!

I can't wait to have a decent bump so people will give me a seat on the packed luas on my way home from work :p

Oh def join the group, I have already joined! PM Woshy & she'll add you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in ages but I'm glad to note that people are starting to feel a bit better..long may it last. I've only started to recover in the last week and I still can't believe it lasted so long! My bump has definitely popped now and I feel HUGE. I'm definitely bigger than I was at this stage the last time. Big scan next week so really looking forward to that.

• Advertisement

Nead21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in ages but I'm glad to note that people are starting to feel a bit better..long may it last. I've only started to recover in the last week and I still can't believe it lasted so long! My bump has definitely popped now and I feel HUGE. I'm definitely bigger than I was at this stage the last time. Big scan next week so really looking forward to that.

Thread has gotten even more quiet than usual!

I'm like you Nead! Definitely bigger this time round. Am nearly 21 weeks and I feel as big as I did around 28-30 weeks last time. Feeling an awful lot better in terms of sickness but my pelvis is killing me. Have the big scan next week at 22 weeks. Seems so close yet so far!

Yeah it's crazy, I'm starting to worry about how big I'm going to get!! The last time I was with my GP he said I felt "further along" than I was, so whatever that means.

I'm about two weeks after you so, I'm 19 tomorrow and will be 20 weeks for the scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Yeah it's crazy, I'm starting to worry about how big I'm going to get!! The last time I was with my GP he said I felt "further along" than I was, so whatever that means.

I'm about two weeks after you so, I'm 19 tomorrow and will be 20 weeks for the scan.

I'm 19 weeks and definitely bigger this time round too and my belly kind of popped this weekend. Have been sick this time around too lasting about 10 weeks every day. In my last I was sick about 3 times in the whole pregnancy well and twice at the labour but that's another story haha! I seem to get a few days relief then the sickness comes back. I'm hoping it will go.

Don't want to say which hospital I'm in but it different that the one I was in for my first and I was a little shocked that they don't do the 20 week scan. I asked them about it and they looked at me like "what's she talking about"

I had a scan at 16 weeks but it was only that late because I registered with hospital later so it was a basic "here's your baby" and they checked the size. Last time I had that kind of scan at 13 weeks then another at 22 weeks where they checked for a number of abnormalities. I'm a bit puzzled why I'm not getting this this time round in the other hospital. Anyway I'm gonna arrange to get it done myself. It will give me peace of mind plus I wanna know the sex! I need to sort out if this bambino is being raised on my daughters hand me downs or if I have to get all new stuff :)

I'm still sick, the vomiting is a lot less frequent but it's still happening & the nausea's still very bad. I'm beginning to wonder if it's going to go away at all!

Saralee, it's terrible that the anomaly scan isn't done in every hospital but it doesn't seem to be done outside Dublin/Cork as standard. Mine's at 21 weeks so it's still 2.5 weeks away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I'm still sick, the vomiting is a lot less frequent but it's still happening & the nausea's still very bad. I'm beginning to wonder if it's going to go away at all!

Saralee, it's terrible that the anomaly scan isn't done in every hospital but it doesn't seem to be done outside Dublin/Cork as standard. Mine's at 21 weeks so it's still 2.5 weeks away.

Awh greenchord sorry to hear that the sickness is still with you. it does tend to change quickly in one week though so there is hope that it will stop. Mine comes and goes but a lot more bearable now, last week I had 2-3 bad days and was grand the rest so hopefully this happens sometime soon for you too.

Yea it is really annoying that they don't do the anomaly scan considering that it is something that you can get done. Im not one of those people that wants a scan every week or anything but it was nice to have a detailed scan the last time.

you must be excited about your scan, are you going to find out the sex?7
    :o:rolleyes:

Here's hoping Saralee, I am so looking forward to a day with no nausea. I was retching so hard this morning trying to eat my breakfast that I actually hurt myself!

I think if the scan wasn't included already where I'm going then I'd probably get one done privately too. Really looking forward to it alright. Not going to find out the sex, I want it to be a surprise at the birth :)

Anomaly scabs aren't even standard in Cork, Greenorchard, unless you are going private. It's generally not offered in low risk pregnancies. In fact, in the literature for the public system down here the only two scans you are guaranteed are the booking/dating scan at 12ish weeks and the placental location one at 30 something weeks. I'm going privately but it's my understanding from friends that depending on who you see on the day you might get lucky and get a mini(here's the head, here's the heart) scan at some of your appointments. It's absolutely terrible that anomaly scans aren't standard.

I'm really surprised that the 20weeks scan is not standard in every hospital, I would have thought that it's the one scan you would definitely have. I'm going to Waterford again and it's standard there, both public and private. If it wasn't offered I would definitely have to get a private one done.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

I'm fortunate to have a 20 week scan with my hospital (it's next week) but for those of you that aren't getting one, would definitely recommend if at all possible getting one privately. It really is terrible that theyre not offered as standard just as a cost cutting measure.

Really sorry to hear some posters as still so sick. You all really deserve a break at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Hi all, I'm brand new on here and I'm due my first baby end of July. I'm 17+ 1. I had a private scan done at 10 weeks because I just couldn't wait to see proof my little one was in there. I've been called for my first hospital scan in Tralee tomorrow but my question is. Can everything that would be done at a 20 week scan be done at 17+ weeks or will I be called again in a couple of weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm brand new on here and I'm due my first baby end of July. I'm 17+ 1. I had a private scan done at 10 weeks because I just couldn't wait to see proof my little one was in there. I've been called for my first hospital scan in Tralee tomorrow but my question is. Can everything that would be done at a 20 week scan be done at 17+ weeks or will I be called again in a couple of weeks?

Do they do a 20 week anomaly scan as standard in Tralee, going public is it? Most anomaly scans are done at 20-24 weeks as it's then the right size to see everything, but that's on a decent quality scanning machine, in the hospital I'm in it wouldn't matter what week it was the scanner is crap and so blurry and unclear compared to the private scans I've had. I had a scan at 12 and 16 weeks in the hospital and wasn't back again until 26 weeks with them, no anomaly scan. And the 26 week scan basically just proved it still had a head, it was that poor quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Id no anomally scan either, the hospital just done a quick scan at 14 weeks and none since

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Yep going public so I doubt I'll be getting an anomaly in Tralee so. I will probably book one myself privately for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

I'm going to Waterford too. I have my anomaly scan next week, which I'm counting down the days to. It will be my third scan out there so far so i'm surprised that so many hospitals don't offer the same. I would crack up having such a long wait between scans. I think I would definitely get a private one if it wasn't on offer.

clara98 wrote: »
    I'm going to Waterford too. I have my anomaly scan next week, which I'm counting down the days to. It will be my third scan out there so far so i'm surprised that so many hospitals don't offer the same. I would crack up having such a long wait between scans. I think I would definitely get a private one if it wasn't on offer.

Are you in on Friday afternoon?

Are you in on Friday afternoon?

No, next Tuesday morning. I didn't think they did anomaly scan on a Friday. Though it was just booking clinic then. I'm with Dr. Birmingham

I'm with him as well. I have my booking appointment and scan the same day as I wasn't in the hospital at 12 weeks, just in his rooms.

Ah I see. I haven't actually met him and I'm hoping that I have no need to in the future either. I turned out to be only 8w4d at my booking in appointment so I got another dating scan to confirm at 14w4d. This is my first so 6 weeks between scans is long enough for me 😄

Finally got around to going to the dentist yesterday & unfortunately the enamel on the back of my front teeth has been damaged by all the vomiting & one of my back teeth too. I've always looked after my teeth really well, floss religiously etc but at least the damage isn't bad enough just yet to need any work done. Hoping now that I'm not getting sick so often that there won't be any further damage caused.

Welcome to the new people, we need more people on this thread, it's so quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Finally got around to going to the dentist yesterday & unfortunately the enamel on the back of my front teeth has been damaged by all the vomiting & one of my back teeth too. I've always looked after my teeth really well, floss religiously etc but at least the damage isn't bad enough just yet to need any work done. Hoping now that I'm not getting sick so often that there won't be any further damage caused.

Welcome to the new people, we need more people on this thread, it's so quiet!

You poor thing! Fingers crossed there'll be no more damage

Advertisement