Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Well Do You Know Portlaoise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Just click here.
    I only moved to Portlaoise this year - but pic 9 - an estate agent took me to see those when I said would consider a "needing DIY" house !?!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Portlaoise Pictures

I can nearly guess which estate agent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Wow, I haven't a clue where some of those places are! We have a Freemasons Society here?

We have indeed. Since 1763.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

J_E wrote: »
    Wow, I haven't a clue where some of those places are! We have a Freemasons Society here?
    Spotted that one today. Might get the kids out to spot a few at the weekend. Get them from in front of the telly.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping that school teachers might do the same as part of their local history classes. When I was a pupil - way back in prehistoric times - I knew more about foreign countries than what was on my doorstep. I strongly believe that history is not just a thing of the past; it's still happening all around us and behind every building/artefact there is an interesting ancestry.

Advertisement