Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unemployables

Options
  • 13-11-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I just switched on. Anyone watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Awww it's good. She did really well in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

The 2 presenters seemed more desperate, needy and insecure than the 'unemployables' they were supposed to be helping who both seemed pretty well-grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The 2 presenters seemed more desperate, needy and insecure than the 'unemployables' they were supposed to be helping who both seemed pretty well-grounded.

Really?

Admittedly I came in halfway but I saw a poor girl who couldn't come out of the dressing room or speak she was so insecure about showing the clothes she chose for an interview. And a girl who could not even tell "a little about herself" during a mock interview despite coaching.
    But fair play to her she stuck at it and made big leaps and got through an interview and scored a job at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jennifer and Darren are desperate and needy anyway.

So desperate and needy, in fact, that this not-very-original show was their idea. (Yes, really.) And, naturally, The Folks At Montrose didn't hesitate for one second to give it the green light.

:o:o:o;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I don't mind Darren Kennedy but I absolutely cannot stand Jennifer Maguire. Thinks she's so cool & funny when she's actually just annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Back again, I think its a bit patronising TBH.Sensationalising I think.

They both got their positions?......................MMMMMMM!:confused:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10405497/
    I must pop into Dooleys when I am next in town to see if "yer wan " is there....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

jimmyw wrote: »
    Back again, I think its a bit patronising TBH.Sensationalising I think.

They both got their positions?......................MMMMMMM!:confused:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10405497/
    I must pop into Dooleys when I am next in town to see if "yer wan " is there....:D
    Have refused to watch it based on the ads,but the one word that sprang to both hubby and I was- patronising.

There are so many people desperate for work and this implied that people are out of work because they are sitting on their arse and not trying. Maybe the contestants in this were but that's not the rule.

RTÉ is just bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have refused to watch it based on the ads,but the one word that sprang to both hubby and I was- patronising.

There are so many people desperate for work and this implied that people are out of work because they are sitting on their arse and not trying. Maybe the contestants in this were but that's not the rule.

RTÉ is just bloody awful.

Well the media in general likes to give the impression that the UE are parasites. You very rarely hear the struggles they have to go through or the good things they do.

Would the two people in the show have gotten the positions if it was not on tv? It might have reflected badly on the businesses if they didn't get them.

Cynical old me! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

jimmyw wrote: »
    Well the media in general likes to give the impression that the UE are parasites. You very rarely hear the struggles they have to go through or the good things they do.

Would the two people in the show have gotten the positions if it was not on tv? It might have reflected badly on the businesses if they didn't get them.

Cynical old me! ;-)

Then there's two of us in it. Are they even real jobs? Or are rte stumping up their wages/Job Bridge arrangement?
    I've gotten to the stage where I don't believe a thing that comes out of rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm really enjoying this series. Love the way, it shows Dublin as a funky-looking place. A lot of people probably are being helped by this show. IMO. Really well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Riverp10

Theyll have some task getting this one a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is this last episode from last season? It seems really familiar to me.

Advertisement