Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player not working (yes, another thread)

Options
  • 13-11-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

There was this yoke called SelectionLinks plastering my web tv and RTE Player with ads so I uninstalled it. The web tv site works fine but Player just vomits up an error message. So I can't watch Player without it? I have no ad blocker on Firefox as that was the previous problem with the RTE site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Post up screenshot of the error, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

It's on another lappie. Says "Error #2048" with "More information" underneath that links to the Player FAQ list.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Not a solution 100% but try this one: http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/ :) .

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RadioRetro wrote: »
    It's on another lappie. Says "Error #2048" with "More information" underneath that links to the Player FAQ list.
    #2048 is to do with your Adobe Flash me thinks. Try to uninstall and reinstall it? Also, how fast and/or stable is your broadband?

BB is round about 8Mb and is fine, I watch TV on the lappie all the time, no telly.

I'll try the Flash update, haven't done that in a while.

RTE Player worked fine before I got rid of the SelectionLinks package and there's no problem with the website I use for British TV (legal).

• Advertisement

Lovely jubbly, working fine now thanks. Appreciate the advice.

Advertisement