Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai proposals to ban firearms

Options
1899091929395»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Big Bangstick

The minister for justice?

So why didn't that happen the last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Big Bangstick

Sparks wrote: »
    First off, no, that's not why. Also, the AGS sat at the table, it wasn't their table; if you think someone else at the table is acting in bad faith, you don't quit the whole process and blind us to everything going on and leave them speak unopposed and unreported, that's the height of not having a good grip on the universe.

And you're saying that the court cases and how they were handled are seperate things; they're not. It's one thing to take a court case as a measure of last resort; it's another to use it as a threat to the PTB. The latter is a really stupid idea really.

As to going back to the table; the AGS have been directed to do so by the Minister. They don't get to avoid it.

So do you know why did they leave?

once cases were taken it's no longer a threat and as you say gardai would refuse to talk to opposition in that situation apart from through each others legal teams I assume.

So minister tell gardai to be there, they act the maggot, lads take cases, gardai pull out of talks that you claim they didn't want to be in. And you blame the shooters and their associations who took cases or am I totally reading this wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So why didn't that happen the last time?

It did. And they were at the table. We were the ones who got stymied by one group leaving, not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So do you know why did they leave?
    Can't prove it and I can read the Defamation Act.
    once cases were taken it's no longer a threat
    Wrong.
    So minister tell gardai to be there, they act the maggot, lads take cases, gardai pull out of talks that you claim they didn't want to be in. And you blame the shooters and their associations who took cases or am I totally reading this wrong?
    You're totally reading it wrong because that's not what happened, neither in the order nor in the parties involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The discussion about the NASRPCs exit of the SC is not directly related to overall theme of this thread, as such I've split all the discussion about the NASRPCs exit of the SC into it's own thread.

It's here.

Anyone that has posted on the thread about this topic will continue to receive notifications.

If anyone feels this is wrong or shouldn't be then feel free to PM me or any of the other Mods with the reasons why.

Mod Team.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement