Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016: Scotland v Republic of Ireland - 7:45 KO 14/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Feck it, starting to get some bit of confidence in us getting the win now.

The snapchats from some friends who traveled over are making me very envious! Wouldn't mind an Ireland away trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm of the same opinion as a few here, a draw is a minimum, a win is achievable and would be an excellent result. Think it'll be 1-1, if there's a winner, it'll be 2-1 Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Any team released yet or leaked ?

Forde

Coleman
    Ward
    O'Shea
    ???? Clark?

McGeady
    Quinn
    Walters
    McClean
    ??? Houlahan? Hendrick ? Gibbo?

Keane

Do Meyler or long have a chance of a start ?
    Help me fill in the gaps !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Scots are scutter. 0-3 to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm worried about Naismith, think he's a useful player. Would anyone take a draw right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Apparently John Delaney has offered Scotland the win tonight but 55% voted no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm worried about Naismith, think he's a useful player. Would anyone take a draw right now?

We could blow a hole in the Scots chances tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Northern England 0-2 Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Why do we have to play some English region anyway. We don't have to play Tuscany, Bavaria, Siberia, California or New South Wales!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Apparently MON offered the Scots the win tonight but 55% of them said No.
    Apparently John Delaney has offered Scotland the win tonight but 55% voted no

Theyre getting offers all over the shop by the sounds of it, maybe Michale D. will throw in a similar offer. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Odds on a McGeady OG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

iDave wrote: »
    Why do we have to play some English region anyway. We don't have to play Tuscany, Bavaria, Siberia, California or New South Wales!

I don't think the latter 2 are in Europe?

(peers over at giant spinning globe...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If we play well we will win because I think we have better players in key positions notably on the wings where we have lots of pace. If we don't play well we won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I agree that overall we have nothing to fear from the Scots but I would be worried if Naismith has a good game. Think he's the type of player that could do us damage. Would love to see us win but would happily take a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The longer the week has gone on, the more confident I've gotten that we'll definitely get a point from it. As numerous people have already said, a win would be huge in the grand scheme of things.

C'mon Ireland!

3272391255_a4862ca0b8_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Probably going to be a scrappy enough game.

Ireland have by far the better wide players with McGeady and Coleman and they will need to be utilised well. McClean is also well capable of using his pace and having a good game.

With balls hopefully pinging in and around the box, Ireland should have the better advantage to score. Keane will be the best player on that pitch tonight in terms of putting the ball in the back of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is O'Neill going to go really defensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

If he has any kind of cop on, Gary MacKay will make sure he is in Glasgow tonight, he won't have to put his hand in his pocket for a gargle as long as there are Irish men in town!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I need to decide if it's worth staying up until 3:45+ AM to watch this. In China... will it be a depressing sleepy night or a "that was worth it"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I was really not expecting a lot tonight maybe I've bought into the Scottish hype but after looking at the confidence here (maybe foolishly) I'm all excited now and I'm definately getting beers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I need to decide if it's worth staying up until 3:45+ AM to watch this. In China... will it be a depressing sleepy night or a "that was worth it"...

Och aye stay up lad.

iDave wrote: »

Did we not play Gibraltar in the last international break ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm getting very pessimistic as the hours draw near

think it could be 2-1 to the Scots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I'm getting optimistic - 2-1 to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Do it!! It will be totally worth it!...Well maybe check the team sheet before you fully commit to an all nighter. If Robbie is selected to plough the long furrow by himself, bring sleeping bag/duvet with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm getting optimistic - 2-1 to us

yeah but you're always full of it on the tv Tony :p

Hope you're right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Scotland 1 - Republic of Ireland 5

I have a feeling its going to be one of those freak games we'll be talking about for years to come.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I need to decide if it's worth staying up until 3:45+ AM to watch this. In China... will it be a depressing sleepy night or a "that was wort"...

In the exact same situation, exception Taiwan (boo China), think I'm going to do it as I'm kinda a night owl... The tough one is staying awake past half time if my stream doesnt inc dunphy and co going mad as usual

In the exact same situation, exception Taiwan (boo China), think I'm going to do it as I'm kinda a night owl... The tough one is staying awake past half time if my stream doesnt inc dunphy and co going mad as usual

If stream doesn't incl HT "Analysis"(No. No. No. Rubbish) just play this (on loop) to keep you awake
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmwUlj8d54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Absolutely buzzing for this, cannot beat good international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I had a dream. It involved Robbie Keane and some unkown quantity, a fine and dreamlike cross that floated to the edge of the box, which Robbie, like an expert marksmen beautifully volleyed into the net, to give Ireland sweet victory.

I had a dream. It involved Robbie Keane and some unkown quantity, a fine and dreamlike cross that floated to the edge of the box, which Robbie, like an expert marksmen beautifully volleyed into the net, to give Ireland sweet victory.

I had a dream last November before the Ireland v NZ rugby match of Rob Kearney scoring a try. I couldn't remember if Ireland won in the dream. And then...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Really looking forward to this , I think we might nick a win .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm teaching a class at this time. Can't reschedule and can't turn down the money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Been looking forward to this all week. Would love a draw, both teams are around the same level, can see us being pipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Arent Whelan and McCarthy both out? And hoolahan too? That is going to hurt us.

Might see a combination of Meyler/Hendrick/Quinn in the middle.

Kirby wrote: »
    Arent Whelan and McCarthy both out? And hoolahan too? That is going to hurt us.

Might see a combination of Meyler/Hendrick/Quinn in the middle.

I'd say Gibbo is ahead of Meyler in the pecking order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Bertser wrote: »
    Absolutely buzzing for this, cannot beat good international football.

i wouldn't describe out style of play as good! The atmosphere we bring is the only good thing about us :P

But we're getting the job done so far and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement

I'm teaching a class at this time. Can't reschedule and can't turn down the money :(

Radio!

Give them a surprise exam for the class.

Let them work away and you put in some headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I´m surprised that they scheduled a class at this time, Colombia are playing as well and normally the country shuts down for any meangingless friendly. At least 30% of people on the bus earlier were wearing the national teams jersey.

Debating whether to avoid the score and watch it later or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Here we go again, we're on the road again, we're on the road again, we're on our way to Paradise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I´m surprised that they scheduled a class at this time, Colombia are playing as well and normally the country shuts down for any meangingless friendly. At least 30% of people on the bus earlier were wearing the national teams jersey.

Debating whether to avoid the score and watch it later or not

Absolute sickener. I'm performing in a concert tonight but if the timing goes according to plan we'll be done by 20:30 which should give enough time to run into the pub next door for the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

predictions:

georgia 0 - 2 Poland
    Scotland 1 - 1 Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to tonights game,I think they got it spot on with the match preview on RTE.ie

"The Celtic Park clash will be akin to a mid-to-lower table Premier League clash and the game will surely be decided on individual incidents, whether a wonder-strike from outside the box, or a misplaced pass to gift a goal."

I think we should have enough to get a result tonight,il go for Ireland to win 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sadly can only see a draw here 1 all i think hopefully i can be proven wrong with a win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Would take a draw but a win would be fantastic. Keane has to start by the way, can't believe people want him dropped for Long.

COME ON GEORGIA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TheDoctor wrote: »
    COME ON GEORGIA!

Salpa? I wish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement