Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016: Scotland v Republic of Ireland - 7:45 KO 14/11

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not sure what match the pundits on ITV's highlights programme tonight were watching ,Glen Hoddle thought it was like two heavyweight boxers going head to head and slugging it out whilst Tony Pulis labelled the match as a "great match".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not sure what match the pundits on ITV's highlights programme tonight were watching ,Glen Hoddle thought it was like two heavyweight boxers going head to head and slugging it out whilst Tony Pulis labelled the match as a "great match".

It WAS a great contest. Tough and high paced and could have gone either way at times. Very entertaining really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It WAS a great contest. Tough and high paced and could have gone either way at times. Very entertaining really.

Yeah definitely a lot of revision gone on post match. I really enjoyed it even though I was obviously disappointed with the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

We were by far the better team against Spain as it was, had that gone differently....

I thought Span were harshly treated, soft penos against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

efb wrote: »
    I thought Spain were harshly treated, soft penos against them

Nothing harsh about it. Shirt swapping is supposed to go on after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It was an average Championship match, entertaining maybe but the quality of football wasnt there from alot of players on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

TimRiggins wrote: »
    We could have went very very far in that group, Had the whole Saipan brigade never happened the sky was the limit. Handy route to the final.

Dead right. We could of easily ended up in a final. Even without keane that group did well lost out on luck against the Spanish. I remember Duff that game absolutely tormented Spain all evening.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    It was an average Championship match, entertaining maybe but the quality of football wasnt there from alot of players on both sides

There were a fair few Championship players on the pitch don't forget. ;)

It wasn't high quality but **** - the Championship is one of the most entertaining and closely contested leagues in the world. I don't think they were wrong to call it a great match anyway, it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There were a fair few Championship players on the pitch don't forget. ;)

It wasn't high quality but **** - the Championship is one of the most entertaining and closely contested leagues in the world. I don't think they were wrong to call it a great contest anyway, it was.

Yes, the standard wasnt a surprise, its about the level of the two teams to be honest. I didnt enjoy it, but I rarely "enjoy" Ireland games what with the constant fear that comes with them.

It reminded me of the Austria game under Trap, alot of long balls and effort but lacking quality

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yes, the standard wasnt a surprise, its about the level of the two teams to be honest. I didnt enjoy it, but I rarely "enjoy" Ireland games what with the constant fear that comes with them.

It reminded me of the Austria game under Trap, alot of long balls and effort but lacking quality

Ain't that the truth, well said! :) Even if Ireland played like Spain I think I'd find watching them a panicky and uncomfortable experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement