Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016: Scotland v Republic of Ireland - 7:45 KO 14/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

nuxxx wrote: »
    Wilson must be injured? Surely would have started ahead of Ward

Yes he is, but he would have started instead of Keogh if he wasn't injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'll be putting a few quid on a 1 1 draw . Ireland regularly end up drawing games like this.
    I went a on both teams to score, Ireland to win at 6/1. Don't want to be shouting for neither team to score if it's 1-1 in the last 20 minutes, or worse again for Scotland to score if we're 1-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Like the look of that team. Big call dropping keane but long must be pretty confident after last weekend.
    We have great pace in the team and plenty of width. Hopefully we can exploit this Scottish back 4 which isn't of the highest standard.

Really looking forward to this now. Hope for a 2-1 victory but reckon it will be a score draw.
    COYBIG!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Think Long Might be the Sole Centre Forward, Walters might be out on the right. ( O'Neill the way tracked back in last match V Germany )

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A bit of power, height and speed in our side which should cause problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Is it going to be McGeady in behind Long, like we saw in Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good looking team. Like Gibson in a deeper role. At least he can spread the ball with some precision. Good bit of pace involved too but still don't like Ward at LB.

Didn't like him at Bohs and don't like him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

First time ever Keane has been dropped for a competitive game. Huge call.
    Apparently he was also dropped for the Estonia game back in 2001. But yeah it's a big call by O'Neill. Hopefully it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

peacock169 wrote: »
    I think so. Don't think O'Neill would play 442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Its a 451 with Long up front so people saying Keane instead of Walters is stupid. Delighted Long has got his chance, he has had a very raw deal so far for Ireland and i hope he proves my backing of him right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What station are showing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Temuri Ketsbaia has said he'd resign as Georgia manager if they lose tonight, probably put undue pressure on his team coming out with a statement like that.

This has been misreported by the English media for some reason. I saw the actual interview (I speak good Georgian...no I'm not taking the piss :P ) and he said he was leaving regardless of the result. Maybe the media trying to build up some tension? I don't know.

He shouldn't have even been at the game in my opinion. If you're leaving, then leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What station are showing this?

RTE 2 and sky sports 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

That would get you in the mood Dara

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good looking team. Like Gibson in a deeper role. At least he can spread the ball with some precision. Good bit of pace involved too but still don't like Ward at LB.

Didn't like him at Bohs and don't like him now.

I can see them targeting Ward's side tonight. He is a poor defender imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That intro was good on RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hope Kerr is commentating but it looks as if Whelan has usurped Houghton as the chief soothsayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Fudge You wrote: »
    That would get you in the mood Dara

definetly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

peacock169 wrote: »

Eh no, because that didn't work.
    McGeady behind Keane.

McGeady and McClean will stay wide and pressure the Scottish full backs

Keane dropped from team,

Gilesie dropped from RTE panel.

Age Discrimination :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Strange seeing Dunphy and Brady agree with a managerial decision!

Eh no, because that didn't work.
    McGeady behind Keane.

McGeady and McClean will stay wide and pressure the Scottish full backs

Hopefully they will and get decent crosses in. Our lads will trouble them in the air.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's the right decision dropping Keane. O'Neill clearly thinks one up front is the way to go in away games and Robbie just can't play that role. O'Neill learned that in the Germany game and has changed it. Good management in my opinion.

Rte player is a joke, buffering succotash.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Rte player is a joke, buffering succotash.

Fine for me, although the adverts are annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Not happy with Keano being dropped but hope Long does the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

"We've nothing to indicate that this is MoN telling Robbie hes dropped but we'll try make it seem dramatic anyway"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Keane should be on the pitch imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sadlier talking sense there, Keane can't play up front on his own away.

• Advertisement

ceegee wrote: »
    "We've nothing to indicate that this is MoN telling Robbie hes dropped but we'll try make it seem dramatic anyway"

Well the fact he is fit and isn't playing would suggest Martin O'Neill has dropped him. It's not as if thats the end of his career or anything Robbie I imagine understands O'Neills gameplan and knows he doesn't have the legs anymore to run after every ball, Long on the other hand has the pace and energy needed for this type of game.

And I don't think they are making it that dramatic, they are agreeing that Keane would understand the decision behind it. Obviously it is the biggest talking point ahead of this game though.

Damn you internet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Walters is 14.0 on Betfair for first goal. Stuck my communion money on it.

Oh God not the Tony O'Donoghue - O'Neill interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Martin not giving away anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Strange seeing Dunphy and Brady agree with a managerial decision!

Wait for the power of hindsight to kick in if we lose or look poor going forward, though!

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    Walters is 14.0 on Betfair for first goal. Stuck my communion money on it.

What Year did you make your communion? :D

I don't see the point criticising McGeady's performance against Germany. He was playing an attacking position high up the pitch. We didn't have a lot of the ball and obviously wouldnt have many chances. Bit silly to judge him solely on that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Well the fact he is fit and isn't playing would suggest Martin O'Neill has dropped him. It's not as if thats the end of his career or anything Robbie I imagine understands O'Neills gameplan and knows he doesn't have the legs anymore to run after every ball, Long on the other hand has the pace and energy needed for this type of game.

And I don't think they are making it that dramatic, they are agreeing that Keane would understand the decision behind it. Obviously it is the biggest talking point ahead of this game though.

I was talking more about them showing the clip of Robbie and MON entering the dressing room and questioning if that was the moment Robbie found out

I don't see the point criticising McGeady's performance against Germany. He was playing an attacking position high up the pitch. We didn't have a lot of the ball and obviously wouldnt have many chances. Bit silly to judge him solely on that game.

Agree............ he scored a great goal against Georgia from that position

ceegee wrote: »
    I was talking more about them showing the clip of Robbie and MON entering the dressing room and questioning if that was the moment Robbie found out

Ah must have missed that, apologies!

• Advertisement

Lennon is doing well at Bolton isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ireland have got to play with some teeth in this game. Let's face it, the difference in the way Ireland home and away vs. the same team is minimal so how they play tonight will be very telling about how they will play in Dublin and I don't fancy Ireland to catch anyone if they're chasing points at that stage. Not gung-ho, that would be silly, but we definitely need to see a cutting edge at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If it's 442 then Keane should start, if 451 it makes sense. If 451 McGeady will play loose through the middle I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Pumped for this now. Good to have the feel good factor back around the international soccer team.

Get out there and get stuck in from the start. Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'd take a draw. A nice lovely draw. A load of men, running around drawing with each other at competitive football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

How about play some football instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

anybody finding the stream from RTE 2 live constantly buffering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Like Liverpool last season? (Apologies to any Arsenal fans).

We Will Win :mad:

The Jocks Are Going Down :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement