Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card limit reached - transaction frozen...

Options
  • 14-11-2014 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

One of my online orders has frozen as I have reached the limit of my credit card. I don't want my limit extended. I was just wondering if I can pay off say 100 euro of my bill early so that the transaction can go through for my order? Or is the limit on a by month basis?  I have a student credit card (limit: €1000)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi bfa1509,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your credit limit is available on an ongoing basis. When you reach this limit, as you're aware, you cannot make further transactions. You can transfer funds into the credit card to reduce the outstanding balance owed and transact again, up to the credit limit available. 

As mentioned above, it is possible to make an additional transfer to your credit card to enable you place your order. When your credit card statement produces, you are still required to make the minimum payment before the due date. Any additional payments made before the monthly statement produces, would not count towards your minimum payment due however, it will reduce your overall balance. 

For information on ways to pay your credit card, please see here

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Hi bfa1509,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your credit limit is available on an ongoing basis. When you reach this limit, as you're aware, you cannot make further transactions. You can transfer funds into the credit card to reduce the outstanding balance owed and transact again, up to the credit limit available. 

As mentioned above, it is possible to make an additional transfer to your credit card to enable you place your order. When your credit card statement produces, you are still required to make the minimum payment before the due date. Any additional payments made before the monthly statement produces, would not count towards your minimum payment due however, it will reduce your overall balance. 

For information on ways to pay your credit card, please see

Thanks
    Tara
    All I needed to know, thanks!

Advertisement