Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving with the times

• 14-11-2014 2:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Sold an item on adverts earlier, sent the seller a pm with paypal details and replied that he wants to send a postal order and asked for address. The last time i got a postal order was in the 90s. Should i buy a horse and trap to honour such an occasion or should people move with the times a little.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Give him your bank details and tell him to wire it. Although some people will tell you not to give anyone you bank details. On the continent people dont use cheque books but wire the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You should write a book about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

Sounds dodgy,avoid it like the plague!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

dodgy ... I remember something important about postal orders... or it might be drafts.

Something about the money appearing and being available in your account to withdraw before its actually there. Meaning you can end up with nothing when the bank asks you to pay it back because they never had it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

Find another buyer,I know of a similar story re:postal orders etc,to a very different country & it got messy as regards the buyer,they wanted a whole load of details,it was bizarre, find someone who'll buy it with 'no strings' per sa!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

In fairness, I know a bloke in Donegal and I owe him a few bob since October, (less than €100).

I only bump into the man once every two years so I'm trying to figure out the handiest way to get the few shillings to him.

He's all, grand - see me when you see me kind of ****e.

But I hate owing people money and want to square him up as soon as possssible.

The man has no bank account (so he says), so I can't transfer funds.

Me putting cash in an envelope is out of the question too.

Postal Ordar seems to be the handiest way.

And if he's happy with that arrangement - Then so am I.

Fuckwits who think everything must function digitally in order to function haven't a clue.

Advertisement