Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICBC Discount for Proof of No Claims - Issue

Options
  • 14-11-2014 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Has anybody successfully received the discount for their Irish no claims history from ICBC?

Have a letter from last insurance company stating that I had no claims with them and a no claims cert stating the years.

The letter according to them needs to state the start and end date of the cover in which you have had no claims. When explained to them that insurance at home isn't like here, in that there are several companies that you move around from for the best price, they say that there is no compromises in what they can accept.

Irish last insurer won't do what they want and ICBC won't accept what we currently have.

Frustrating as it is a considerable discount.

Looking forward to hopefully hearing that someone knows how to go about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I'm just doing the same. I contacted my Irish insurers and asked for letters from them with exacts dates, and stating there was no claims.

I've received letters from 1 company so far. I had different policies with that company so they sent different letters for each policy, and 1 of the letters states the exact dates, but the other one does not so I will have to contact them again and get another letter.

I was told that if I bring in multiple letters for the past X years, they will honour those letters assuming they contain all the information required.

I've heard of people who have been successful in getting No Claims from ICBC so think definitely worth the hassle.

Advertisement