Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno Swing DNA

Options
  • 14-11-2014 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

So I decided to give this a go. Went to a big chain and they wouldn't let me on it unless I committed to ordering that day. Is that normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

I would not have thought so. Generally the way I thought is was is if you commit to buying they would not charge you for the use Mizuno Swing DNA. Otherwise they would charge you a set fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭elgenerale

He actually never offered to just do the swing dna for a charge.
    I must have misunderstood him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

elgenerale wrote: »
    So I decided to give this a go. Went to a big chain and they wouldn't let me on it unless I committed to ordering that day. Is that normal?

Name and shame please, that is disgraceful behavior IMO - I would also send an email to Mizuno directly telling them about your experience, I'm sure they'll have something to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

If it is somewhere that offers free fitting i can understand them declining your offer to have a go on the swing DNA if you have no intention to buy. If you started with i'm looking for a set of JPX tour but not sure which shaft to get you may have gotten a better recpition.

Name and shame please, that is disgraceful behavior IMO - I would also send an email to Mizuno directly telling them about your experience, I'm sure they'll have something to say!

I wouldn't go that far. He has a business to run and he's employing people. The other guys there are sound and I'd say they would have had no problem letting me on it.

The funny thing is he probably thought I was just fishing but I have every intention of buying a new mizzy set but i'm gonna take my time. I'd also reward good treatment. If he had given me some more time and effort i'd have come back to him and made an offer at least based on prices elsewhere. I'm not likely to buy anything else there now.

• Advertisement

mike12 wrote: »
    If it is somewhere that offers free fitting i can understand them declining your offer to have a go on the swing DNA if you have no intention to buy. If you started with i'm looking for a set of JPX tour but not sure which shaft to get you may have gotten a better recpition.

Maybe, i'm sure he is sick of guys looking for things for free. I go there every so often to browse, maybe he recognised me and figured I'm not a spender.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

It's three swings of a club, it cost him nothing but a future sale.

Yes you might panic some turkey into committing but most will just think get Fukked mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

elgenerale wrote: »

In a word NO.
    Im in Cork and AG had no problem with me doing it to try out some irons, Ordered a set a week or so later but was not told you had to buy on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PK66

Hi all, does anyone know if Halpenny golf use the mizuno DNA system for custom fits? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

PK66 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know if Halpenny golf use the mizuno DNA system for custom fits? Thanks

I was fitted with Mizuno DNA in Halpenny a few years ago when deciding shaft for JPX900 irons. Steven Quinlan was the Pro but is now out on his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

I bought the 921 pro irons before Christmas using this system. Having played two rounds with them this week it’s been a very good choice.

I bought the 921 pro irons before Christmas using this system. Having played two rounds with them this week it’s been a very good choice.

That's great Finlay Harp. Best of luck with the new irons. I play off 12 (10 under WHS) and am torn between going for the HM Pro or the HM forged. I'm not a big hitter (7 iron is approx 130m carry in Metres) so think the Pro may be best for me to give me the extra distance. What made you go with the pro yourself?

also were you waiting long for them? they seem to be taking a good while for delivery at the minute

bmay529 wrote: »
    I was fitted with Mizuno DNA in Halpenny a few years ago when deciding shaft for JPX900 irons. Steven Quinlan was the Pro but is now out on his own

thanks for that. I have heard good things about this DNA system so look forward to giving it a go

That's great Finlay Harp. Best of luck with the new irons. I play off 12 (10 under WHS) and am torn between going for the HM Pro or the HM forged. I'm not a big hitter (7 iron is approx 130m carry in Metres) so think the Pro may be best for me to give me the extra distance. What made you go with the pro yourself?

also were you waiting long for them? they seem to be taking a good while for delivery at the minute

I went in wanting the forged and between Trackman and DNA the Pro told me what I needed to know. I couldn’t hit the forged out of my road. Hit the 921 pro 7 iron with Nippon Pro shaft around 155 yards like a dart.
    Lead time was about two months. I was told the factory in Scotland was using reduced staff due to COVID. Might be better now though.

I went in wanting the forged and between Trackman and DNA the Pro told me what I needed to know. I couldn’t hit the forged out of my road. Hit the 921 pro 7 iron with Nippon Pro shaft around 155 yards like a dart.
    Lead time was about two months. I was told the factory in Scotland was using reduced staff due to COVID. Might be better now though.

Thanks for that. I probably hit my current 7 iron 140/145 yards (130m) but those are with some old wilson irons with a horrible amount of offset. I am hoping a new set of the HM pro will add a bit of distance and control to my game. I'm sure the DNA will sort me out.

Did you just hit the 7 iron in the session? Would be great to try the PW as well but not sure any place does that.

Thanks again for the input

Thanks for that. I probably hit my current 7 iron 140/145 yards (130m) but those are with some old wilson irons with a horrible amount of offset. I am hoping a new set of the HM pro will add a bit of distance and control to my game. I'm sure the DNA will sort me out.

Did you just hit the 7 iron in the session? Would be great to try the PW as well but not sure any place does that.

Thanks again for the input

I tried out a gap wedge also. Ended up getting it and the sand wedge. Great products. Have played three rounds so far since lockdown lifted in (NI) and have already dropped a shot. I’ve great confidence hitting irons now especially wedge shots.

I tried out a gap wedge also. Ended up getting it and the sand wedge. Great products. Have played three rounds so far since lockdown lifted in (NI) and have already dropped a shot. I’ve great confidence hitting irons now especially wedge shots.

Thanks Finlay. is that the hot metal gap and sand wedge? I love the idea of combining my wedges with the set rather than a bespoke wedge. especially the gap wedge which at 49deg I would be hitting full out rather than around the greens.

glad the clubs are working well. This day next week I have my fitting - can't wait!

Just an update Finlay!

We must be twins because I ended up with the Hot Metal Pros also in Nippon 105; 6i to Sw.

I got the Gap (49d) and Sand Wedge (54d) in same set up - shafts, grips etc. Delighted. Got the Fli-Hi in 5 (22d) and the ES21 in lob wedge 58d.

Also got the new Ping G425 in Driver, 32 and 5w.

Have everything now accept for the irons and so far loving what I have! irons due start of June. Can't wait!

Advertisement