Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighterrs - Slane 2015 tickets

Options
  • 14-11-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

I just noticed tickets have gone up for sale on Premiertickets.ie? I can't see these for sale yet on the likes of ticketmaster or entertainment.ie so I didn't purchase any as I wasn't confident about these. I'm sure it's completely valid, then again maybe not.

Anyone ever purchased tickets from this site before and anyone have any idea when more tickets on other sites will be going up?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There has been no information released about tickets yet , So they must be fake

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Meow_35 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just noticed tickets have gone up for sale on Premiertickets.ie? I can't see these for sale yet on the likes of ticketmaster or entertainment.ie so I didn't purchase any as I wasn't confident about these. I'm sure it's completely valid, then again maybe not.

Anyone ever purchased tickets from this site before and anyone have any idea when more tickets on other sites will be going up?

Don't buy from there, they are not legit.

The gig itself is still to be officially announced, so ticket details will come then. I'd expect Monday at this rate (dunno why they haven't done it yet), with tickets on sale next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Meow_35

Thanks guys....I emailed Premiertickets....they replied and said they are a ticket broker charging a premium on top of the face value of the ticket and that they charge ths as they show tickets for sale in advance...definately don't trust it..will hold out..have an email alert set up with ticketmaster now anyway....:-) Trying to them for my hubby for christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Thanks guys....I emailed Premiertickets....they replied and said they are a ticket broker charging a premium on top of the face value of the ticket and that they charge ths as they show tickets for sale in advance...definately don't trust it..will hold out..have an email alert set up with ticketmaster now anyway....:-) Trying to them for my hubby for christmas....

I like these two contradictory statements from that premiertickets site.:)

"All tickets sold are sold at a premium above the original face value of the ticket".

and then they state:

"Buying tickets has never been a very good experience for fans. We all know stories about people getting ripped off when they are trying to buy tickets and we wanted to change this".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You should have little to no hassle on release day getting the tickets. Ticketmaster, as much as they're hated, are the only channel available for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

This thread can be locked as there is already an official thread for the Foo Fighters at Slane here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057326605

Do not attempt to buy tickets from dodgy sources!!!

The capacity for this concert will be 60,000 plus, getting a ticket will be easy enough. Don't panic and end up paying the price after buying fake tickets from dreaded tout scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

This thread can be locked as there is already an official thread for the Foo Fighters at Slane here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057326605

Do not attempt to buy tickets from dodgy sources!!!

The capacity for this concert will be 60,000 plus, getting a ticket will be easy enough. Don't panic and end up paying the price after buying fake tickets from dreaded tout scum!

slane holds 80,000

JackMcA wrote: »
    slane holds 80,000

It can be set up for different capacities, I think the maximum capacity is just over 100,000.

But, a 60,000 set up would still look impressive.
    I'm surprised I find it hard to fathom the demand for this gig been as big as everyone seems to expect. I reckon getting a ticket will be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

It can be set up for different capacities, I think the maximum capacity is just over 100,000.

But, a 60,000 set up would still look impressive.
    I'm surprised I find it hard to fathom the demand for this gig been as big as everyone seems to expect. I reckon getting a ticket will be easy enough.
    the absolute max for slane is 83,000 now due to health and safety , 92,000 was the previous limit , it will be proably sold as a 78,000 ticket capacity and a few thousand corporate and competition winners and the vip sections is about 500 seats , should have no trouble selling out especially if Queens of the stone age are added and royal blood are almost certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Where are the QOTSA rumours coming from? They just finished a tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Premier are probably trying to run competition to http://www.getmein.com/

GetMeIn of course, being run by ticketmaster. So ticketmaster sell tickets once and then provide a channel for touting through GetMeIn, and they take a second bite of the inflated sales on the same tickets they've sold.

Ticketmaster are a lovely company with rock solid ethics.

seamus wrote: »

GetMeIn of course, being run by ticketmaster. So ticketmaster sell tickets once and then provide a channel for touting through GetMeIn, and they take a second bite of the inflated sales on the same tickets they've sold.

Exactly, Its absolutely pathetic!

Despite our favourite artists coming and playing, a real stand must be taken against these ridiculously inflated ticket prices and handling charges.
    Ticketmaster been in cahoots with GETMEIN is pretty unfathomable!

Ireland is a great country of music lovers and concert goers and to reward this we get ripped off left, right, and centre, its pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

seamus wrote: »

No doubt they allocate a few to their own getmein.com agents too that don't even go on general sale. Why sell 100% at face value when you can sell only 80%, declare the event sold out, and sell the remaining 20% for triple the price?
    Some left unsold? No problem, rerelease on general sale week before the gig.

Must be great having a monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well that didn't happen for 400,000 Garth Brooks tickets. there was about 30 tickets sitting on GetMeIn over a few months.
    people who put them up set the prices too.
    i don't blame Ticketmaster for trying to get a cut of the secondary market as it's pretty disorganised and bar Toutless, nobody is really doing anything to facilitate people selling tickets they've bought.
    Exactly, Its absolutely pathetic!

Despite our favourite artists coming and playing, a real stand must be taken against these ridiculously inflated ticket prices and handling charges.
    Ticketmaster been in cahoots with GETMEIN is pretty unfathomable!

Ireland is a great country of music lovers and concert goers and to reward this we get ripped off left, right, and centre, its pathetic!
    artist set the ticket prices. if the prices are "inflated", then that's their choice.
    handling charges - well TM have to make some money, they're not a charity. again, it's the choice of the act and promoters to use TM.
    i used Tickets.ie for something a while back and the handling charges were even more than Ticketmaster.
    as for getting ripped off, the prices for several UK gigs announced this week have been higher than the Ireland gig by the same act.
    the US is far higher for big gigs i found.
    nm wrote: »
    Where are the QOTSA rumours coming from? They just finished a tour
    nowhere. but because they were mates and did a few things together years ago, it doesn't stop QOTSA getting touted as support for Foo Fighters every time they announce a gig. the chances of QOTSA supporting are extremely low.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

One thread per gig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement