Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best country to fire guns in

Options
  • 14-11-2014 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I was in thailand not so long ago and it was very expensive to fire guns. With the packages that were on offer, there were a couple of bullets included, by no means was it what I would consider 'adequate' for enthusiasts such as me.

Where can I go to have a hell of a time? I have a stag coming up shortly and would love to include this in it. Any recommendations from you fellow enthusiasts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anywhere you go just to shoot will fleece you because they're looking to make money off tourists.

If you knew someone that could bring you it would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The Firing line in Burbank LA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

I had an inkling the usa would be on the list. Are we talking AKs and Armelites, the hold 9 yards so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

You can more or less shot what you want but you pay for it. I shot an AK, Uzi, Desert Eagle .50, Barrett 50 cal and AR15 in Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

thailand was definitely very expensive. €2-3 a round. and that was pistols and smg only. semi-auto only as well. The TMP7 was nice and impossible to miss with. Still, it was interesting to be able to shoot inside a shopping center. Not sure it would work as well in the Ilac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

I was in thailand not so long ago and it was very expensive to fire guns. With the packages that were on offer, there were a couple of bullets included, by no means was it what I would consider 'adequate' for enthusiasts such as me.

Where can I go to have a hell of a time? I have a stag coming up shortly and would love to include this in it. Any recommendations from you fellow enthusiasts?

Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Many countries that offered shooting experiences in years gone by have wised up to the fact that tourists will pay top dollar to fire guns.

Some years ago I attended a stag in Tallinn and we visited an outdoor range and got to fire Glock 9mm, S&W .357 revolvers, pump action 12g shotguns and AKM semi auto rifles. The price was about €50 per person. I can't find the site we used to book this but this site looks like fairly good value.

http://laskmine.ee/en/packages/adrenaline-120-eur/

The place we went to let us have extra magazines for the AKMs at €20 each. Probably not great value but it's not every day you get to use one. Extra ammunition for 9mm and .357 was also available for a lesser cost.

Talinns not a bad city to go out in either, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

IIRC there is a place in Budapest offering the whole nine yards so to speak.
    I found it when I was searching for places of interest in Budapest a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Poland, Ak's in full auto in 7.62mm calibre etc, also cheap to stay and travel to!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

Probably Guinea at the minute.... Loads to aim at

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

As far as the US is concerned avoid tourist places - very expensive. Find a locals range.

My local range charges reasonable ammo rates (they are a gun shop after all) and a $20 shooter fee if you are not a member. Handgun rentals are $10 and long guns $20 full auto is$30. You can shoot any caliber up to .50 BMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Probably Guinea at the minute.... Loads to aim at

And your point is ? Not many sports shooting or sporting ranges down that neck of the woods by my reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I was here: http://www.triggerservice.cz/en/
    and I really couldn't fault it for price, service and choice of guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

www.topguntours.com Prauge..Pricey tho.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement